- @General Health
- @Children Health
- #Women #Health
- My List of Super Foods
- @Phytochemicals In Foods
- Men Health
- Vitamin Therapy
- @Most common Types of Cancer
- Most Common Diseases of Elders
- @Obesity's complications and Weight Loss
- @Healthy Foods Index
- @Popular Chinese Herbs
- Phytochemicals - Cancers and Diseases
- @Popular Herbs
- Dietary Minerals
- Researched Essays Through Holistic Clinical Trials and Studies
- Food Therapies
- Herbal Therapies
- Phytochemical therapy
- Alternative Therapy(Yoga, Anti Aging and Regular Walking)
- Tons of Recipes
Sunday, 5 January 2014
Herbal Anise and Breast cancer
Anise is a flowering plant ofthe species of Pimpinella anisum, genus Pimpinella, belonging to the family Apiaceae native to to Egypt and the Mediterranean region. The popular herb has been used in traditional herbal medicine as fragrance in soaps, oils, and mouth fresheners and stomachic, anti-septic, anti-spasmodic, carminative, digestive, expectorant, stimulant and tonic agent to treat head-lice and mites, increase blood pressure, prevent formation of gas in the gastrointestinal tract and menstrual cramps, etc.
Breast cancer (malignant breast neoplasm) is a cancer that starts in the tissues of the breast either from the inner lining of milk ducts (Ductal carcinoma) or the lobules (Lobular carcinoma) that supply the ducts with milk. there is also rare cases that breast cancer starts in other areas of the breast. In 2010, over 250,000 new cases of breast cancer were expected to be diagnosed in women in the U.S. alone and the risk of getting invasive breast cancer during life time of a women is 1/8.
Beside the main ingredient Anethole, it also contains, D-pinene, I-phellandrene, Alpha-terpineol, Safrol, Methyl chavicol, Resin, Shikimic acid, etc.
Genetic mutation of DNA play key roles in the development of human breast cancers. (NF-kappaB), the a protein responsible for cytokine production and cell survival, has been implicated in oncogenesis of breast cancers and is known to be associated with resistance to anticancer agents and apoptosis, there fore, Blocking NF-kappaB signaling may represent a therapeutic strategy in breast cancer therapy. epoxypseudoisoeugenol-2-methylbutyrate (EPB), a component of Anise, inhibited the proliferation of both MCF-7 and BT-549 cells in a concentration- and time-dependent manner. EPB induced cell cycle arrest in G(1)/G(0) phase and apoptosis in both MCF-7 and BT 549 cells. Other in the study of aqueous extractsof Pimpinella anisum, indicated that extracts studied at a concentration range 10-100 microg/mL stimulate osteoblastic cell differentiation and exhibit antiestrogenic effect on breast cancer cells without proliferative effects on cervical adenocarcinoma cells.
The Side Effects
1. If you have high blood pressure or pregnant please consult with your doctor or related field specialist before applying.
2. Star Anise is toxic.
3. Skin Irritation
4. Allergic reaction such as mouth and lip inflammation.
Chinese Secrets To Fatty Liver And Obesity Reversal
Use The Revolutionary Findings To Achieve
Optimal Health And Loose Weight
Ovarian Cysts And PCOS Elimination
Back to Herbal Therapy http://kylejnorton.blogspot.ca/p/herbal-therapies.html
(4) "[Apparent life-threatening event in infants: think about star anise intoxication!].[Article in French] by Perret C, Tabin R, Marcoz JP, Llor J, Cheseaux JJ., (PubMed)
(2) Inhibition of NF-kappaB-mediated transcription and induction of apoptosis in human breast cancer cells by epoxypseudoisoeugenol-2-methyl butyrate by Ma G, Tabanca N, Husnu Can Baser K, Kirimer N, Pasco DS, Khan IA, Khan SI.(PubMed)
(3)Greek plant extracts exhibit selective estrogen receptor modulator (SERM)-like properties by Kassi E, Papoutsi Z, Fokialakis N, Messari I, Mitakou S, Moutsatsou P.(PubMed)