Asthma is a chronic inflammatory disease affecting the air way of the lung with recurring symptoms, such as wheezing, chest tightness, shortness of breath, and coughing.
The chemical constituents of Butterbur include Petioles, petasitene and pethybrene, quercetin 3-O-beta-D-glucoside, quercetin 3-O-beta-D-6''-O-acetylglucoside, and rutin, caffeic acid, alkaloids, S-petasin and iso-S-petasin, etc.
butterbur, one of the herb used in folk medicine has been mentioned as a potential use as pharmacotherapy for asthma and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) as the herb suppress the airway inflammation in an asthmatic mouse model and may be used as a potent agent for the treatment of asthma. Other study of extract (Ze 339, PET) of Petasites hybridus (butterbur)showed the herb possess not only the inhibiting allergic diseases but also reduce allergic airway inflammation.
1. Butterbur may be liver-toxic to liver and cause cancer due to the presence of pyrrolizidine alkaloids(a)
2. If you are pregnant please do not use Butterbur with out the permission of the related special field specialist
3. Allergic effect to certain people who are allergic to ragweed, marigold, daisy, etc.
4. Overdoses may cause indigestion, headache, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, etc.
Chinese Secrets To Fatty Liver And Obesity Reversal
Use The Revolutionary Findings To Achieve
Optimal Health And Loose Weight
Ovarian Cysts And PCOS Elimination
Back to Herbal Therapy http://kylejnorton.blogspot.ca/p/herbal-therapies.html
(1) Phytoceuticals: the new 'physic garden' for asthma and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease.