The lung located near the backbone on either side of the heart is a vital organ that inhales oxygen from the air then transporting them to the bloodstream to nourish the body cells need and exhales carbon dioxide from the bloodstream.
Lung cancer is a chronic condition caused by the alternation of cells DNA that starts in the cells on the surface of the inner lining of the lung tissue. Most common form of primary lung cancers is derived from epithelial cells.
According to the statistics, lung cancer is the leading cause of cancer deaths in the US. 1 in 16 people in the US will be diagnosed with lung cancer in their lifetime. Every year approximately over 220,000 people in the US are diagnosed with lung cancer this year.
Believe it or not, 60% to 65% of all new lung cancer diagnosed are among people who have never smoked or are former smokers.
Non-small cell lung cancer is the most common type of lung cancer that usually grows and spreads methodically and predictably, including
* Squamous-cell carcinoma is often found in an outer area of the lung,
* Large-cell carcinoma is found in the center of the lung by an air tube.
* Adenocarcinoma found in any part of the lung.
* Small cell lung cancer
Small cell lung cancer is a fast-growing type of lung cancer, that spread quickly to distant parts of the body in a relatively early stage, including
* Small cell carcinoma in which the cells are small, round and resemble oats.
* Mixed small cell/large cell carcinoma in which malignant tumor found in combining of components of small cell lung carcinoma with large cell lung carcinoma.
* Combined small cell carcinoma, a malignant tumor is found in combining a component of small cell lung carcinoma with components of non-small cell lung carcinoma.
On finding a potential compound for the treatment of lung cancer, researchers examined curcumin (diferuloylmethane) anticancer properties.
According to the tested assays,
Dr. the lead scientists, after taking into account of co and confounder wrote, " Curcumin is one such potential candidate, and this review presents an overview of the current in vitro and in vivo studies of curcumin in lung cancer"
Natural Medicine for Fatty Liver And Obesity Reversal - The Revolutionary Findings To Achieve Optimal Health And Lose Weight
How To Get Rid Of Eye Floaters
Contrary To Professionals Prediction, Floaters Can Be Cured Naturally
Ovarian Cysts And PCOS Elimination
Holistic System In Existence That Will Show You How To
Permanently Eliminate All Types of Ovarian Cysts Within 2 Months
Back to Kyle J. Norton Homepage http://kylejnorton.blogspot.ca
Kyle J. Norton (Scholar, Master of Nutrition, All right reserved)
Health article writer and researcher; Over 10.000 articles and research papers have been written and published online, including worldwide health, ezine articles, article base, health blogs, self-growth, best before it's news, the karate GB daily, etc.,.
Named TOP 50 MEDICAL ESSAYS FOR ARTISTS & AUTHORS TO READ by Disilgold.com Named 50 of the best health Tweeters Canada - Huffington Post
Nominated for shorty award over last 4 years
Some articles have been used as references in medical research, such as international journal Pharma and Bioscience, ISSN 0975-6299.
(1) Curcumin and lung cancer--a review by Mehta HJ1, Patel V, Sadikot RT. (PubMed)
(2) Curcumin and Lung Cancer: the Role of microRNAs by Lelli D1, Pedone C1, Majeed M2, Sahebkar A. (PubMed)
(3) Lung Cancer by Kyle J. Norton