Scientists may have found a herbal medicine for the protection of skin against the environmental pathogens, with no side effects, some studies suggested.
What are the exact causes of skin damage? Some researchers suggested that long-term exposure to the sun is the most common cause of skin damage. UV rays can damage the DNA of skin cells, affecting the normal skin cell growth. UV rays have been linked to the early onset of skin cancer, epidemiologically.
Other causes of skin damage include chronic stress, skin diseases such as pimples, acne, or rosacea.
Dr. Ying Chen, the lead scientist in the study "Brain-Skin Connection: Stress, Inflammation and Skin Aging" wrote, "The intricate relationship between stress and skin conditions has been documented since ancient times. Recent clinical observations also link psychological stress to the onset or aggravation of multiple skin diseases".
Calendula is also known as pot marigold, annual or perennial herbaceous plants of about 12–20 species of genus Calendula, belonging to the family Asteraceae, native to Southern Europe.
The herb has been used in herbal medicine as spasmolytic, spasmogenic, inflammatory effects and to treat abdominal cramps, wound healing, skin diseases, colitis, constipation, etc.
Besides having major chemical constituents of triterpenoids, flavonoids, coumarines, quinones, volatile oil,carotenoids, and amino acids, the herb also contains loliolide (calendin), calendulin and n-paraffins.
In the study to reaffirm the sun protective effects of essential oil extracted from Calendula flowers (Calendula officinalis L., Asteraceae).\in a cream formulation, researchers at the Bhagwant University launched an investigation using in vitro method employing UV-visible spectrophotometer (Shimazdu-1600).
Natural Medicine for Fatty Liver And Obesity Reversal - The Revolutionary Findings To Achieve Optimal Health And Lose Weight
How To Get Rid Of Eye Floaters
Contrary To Professionals Prediction, Floaters Can Be Cured Naturally
Ovarian Cysts And PCOS Elimination
Holistic System In Existence That Will Show You How To
Permanently Eliminate All Types of Ovarian Cysts Within 2 Months
Back to Kyle J. Norton Homepage http://kylejnorton.blogspot.ca
Kyle J. Norton (Scholar, Master of Nutrition, All right reserved)
Health article writer and researcher; Over 10.000 articles and research papers have been written and published online, including worldwide health, ezine articles, article base, health blogs, self-growth, best before it's news, the karate GB daily, etc.,.
Named TOP 50 MEDICAL ESSAYS FOR ARTISTS & AUTHORS TO READ by Disilgold.com Named 50 of the best health Tweeters Canada - Huffington Post
Nominated for shorty award over last 4 years
Some articles have been used as references in medical research, such as international journal Pharma and Bioscience, ISSN 0975-6299.
(1) Phytochemical Constituents and PharmacologicalActivities of Calendula officinalis Linn (Asteraceae): a review by BP Muley, SS Khadabadi and NB Banarase (Tropical Journal of Pharmaceutical Research)
(2) Assessment of In vitro Sun Protection Factor of Calendula Officinalis L. (Asteraceae) Essential Oil Formulation by Mishra A, Mishra A, Chattopadhyay P.(PubMed)
(3) Effects of Calendula Essential Oil-Based Cream on Biochemical Parameters of Skin of Albino Rats against Ultraviolet B Radiation by Mishra AK, Mishra A, Verma A, Chattopadhyay P.(PubMed)
(4) Calendula extract: effects on mechanical parameters of human skin by Akhtar N, Zaman SU, Khan BA, Amir MN, Ebrahimzadeh MA. (PubMed)
(5) Brain-Skin Connection: Stress, Inflammation and Skin Aging by Ying Chen* and John Lyga. (PMC)