Chagas disease (CD) is a medical condition caused by the protozoan parasite Trypanosoma cruzi.
* Acute Chagas heart disease is characterized by the inflammation of the heart, gastrointestinal tract (mainly esophagus and colon), meninges, and central and peripheral nervous tissues. Untreated symptomatic patients in this phase may face a roughly 1% chance of death in the acute period, usually the result of severe myocarditis or meningoencephalitis
* The chronic form of Chagas heart disease is characterized by cardiomegaly and increased cardiac mass, thinning of the ventricular walls, and aneurysmal lesions in various regions of the LV and right ventricle (RV).
With an aim to find a potential compound for the treatment of Chagas heart disease, caused by the protozoan parasite Trypanosoma cruzi., researchers examined the anti-inflammatory and cardioprotective properties of curcumin (Cur).
Natural Medicine for Fatty Liver And Obesity Reversal - The Revolutionary Findings To Achieve Optimal Health And Lose Weight
How To Get Rid Of Eye Floaters
Contrary To Professionals Prediction, Floaters Can Be Cured Naturally
Ovarian Cysts And PCOS Elimination
Holistic System In Existence That Will Show You How To
Permanently Eliminate All Types of Ovarian Cysts Within 2 Months
Back to Kyle J. Norton Homepage http://kylejnorton.blogspot.ca
Kyle J. Norton (Scholar, Master of Nutrition, All right reserved)
Health article writer and researcher; Over 10.000 articles and research papers have been written and published online, including worldwide health, ezine articles, article base, health blogs, self-growth, best before it's news, the karate GB daily, etc.,.
Named TOP 50 MEDICAL ESSAYS FOR ARTISTS & AUTHORS TO READ by Disilgold.com Named 50 of the best health Tweeters Canada - Huffington Post
Nominated for shorty award over last 4 years
Some articles have been used as references in medical research, such as international journal Pharma and Bioscience, ISSN 0975-6299.
(1) Curcumolide reduces diabetic retinal vascular leukostasis and leakage partly via inhibition of the p38MAPK/NF-κ B signaling by Cai Y1, Li W1, Tu H1, Chen N1, Zhong Z1, Yan P1, Dong J. (PubMed)
(2) Curcumin exerts anti-inflammatory and vasoprotective effects through amelioration of NFAT-dependent endothelin-1 production in mice with acute Chagas cardiomyopathy by Hernández M1, Wicz S1, Santamaría MH2, Corral RS. (PubMed)
(3) Chagas Cardiomyopathy: An Update of Current Clinical Knowledge and Management A Scientific Statement From the American Heart Association. (Circulation)
(4) Chronic Chagas Heart Disease Management
From Etiology to Cardiomyopathy Treatment by Edimar Alcides Bocchi, Reinaldo Bulgarelli Bestetti, Mauricio Ibrahim Scanavacca, Edecio Cunha Neto and Victor Sarli Issa. (JACC)