Endothelial dysfunction is a condition of abnormal function of inner lining of blood vessels, such as a defect in the production or activity of nitric oxide.
Nutrients and chemical Constituents
5. Vitamin A
8. Thiamine (Vitamin B1)
9. Riboflavin (Vitamin B2)
10. Niacin (Vitamin B3)
11. Pantothenic acid (Vitamin B5)
12. Vitamin B6
13. Folate (Vitamin B9)
14. Vitamin C
Beside the major chemical constituents betalains and phenolics, it also contains lesser amount of isobetanin, probetanin, neobetanin, indicaxanthin, vulgaxanthins, etc.
Endothelial dysfunctionis associated with patients with insulin resistance or type 2 diabetes. evidences insome studies suggested that postprandial endothelial function was improve in patients with insulin resistance or type 2 diabetes, after a single dose of a Exenatide, glucagon-like peptide-1 agonist (GLP-1 agonist) medication just before the meal. In the study to test the effects of endothelial function after the intake of beetroot juice in overweight and slightly obese men following a mixed meal,, the postprandial impairment in Flow-mediated dilation (FMD) was improved, plasma concentrations of the circulating NO pool were higher at T60, T120, and T240. Of these results, researchers suggested that a single dose of beet juice attenuates the postprandial impairment of FMD following a mixed meal and may be a potential alternative option to treat early onset of patient with type II diabetes, with little or no side effects.
1. Oxalates Oxalates in the beet can cause kidney and gallbadder problem. People with above diseases should contact their doctor before consuming.
2. Increase the rick of lowering calcium absorption for people with weak digestive system.
Super foods Library, Eat Yourself Healthy With The Best of the Best Nature Has to Offer
Back to Popular Herbs http://kylejnorton.blogspot.ca/p/popular-herbs.html
Back to Kyle J. Norton Home page http://kylejnorton.blogspot.ca
(1) Improvement of Postprandial Endothelial Function After a Single Dose of Exenatide in Individuals With Impaired Glucose Tolerance and Recent-Onset Type 2 Diabete, by Juraj Koska, MD, Eric A. Schwartz, PHD, Michael P. Mullin, BS, Dawn C. Schwenke, PHD and, Peter D. Reaven, MD(Canadian Diabetes Association)
(2) Beetroot juice improves in overweight and slightly obese men postprandial endothelial function after consumption of a mixed meal by Joris PJ, Mensink RP.(PubMed)