The chemical constituents of Butterbur include Petioles, petasitene and pethybrene, quercetin 3-O-beta-D-glucoside, quercetin 3-O-beta-D-6''-O-acetylglucoside, and rutin, caffeic acid, alkaloids, S-petasin and iso-S-petasin, etc.
Extracts from butterbur have been in therapeutic use for more than 2,000 years
in a pharmaco-clinical trial to examine the effects of butterbur in a fixed herbal drug combination (Ze 185 = 4-combination versus 3-combination without butterbur and placebo) in patients with somatoform disorders., treatment after 2 week showed (Ze185), the combination containing butterbur to be an efficacious and safe short-term treatment in patients with somatoform disorders with no serious side effects.
1. Butterbur may be liver-toxic to liver and cause cancer due to the presence of pyrrolizidine alkaloids(a)
2. If you are pregnant please do not use Butterbur with out the permission of the related special field specialist
3. Allergic effect to certain people who are allergic to ragweed, marigold, daisy, etc.
4. Overdoses may cause indigestion, headache, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, etc.
Use The Revolutionary Findings To Achieve
Optimal Health And Loose Weight
Ovarian Cysts And PCOS Elimination
Back to Phytochemical Therapy http://kylejnorton.blogspot.ca/p/phytochemical-therapy.html
Follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/kylejnorton
(1) Fixed herbal drug combination with and without butterbur (Ze 185) for the treatment of patients with somatoform disorders: randomized, placebo-controlled pharmaco-clinical trial by Melzer J, Schrader E, Brattström A, Schellenberg R, Saller R.(PubMed)