Green tea may have potential effect in the regulation of Lewy bodies against the onset of Lewy body disease, some scientists suggested.
Lewy body disease is one of a common form of neurodegenerative diseases occurring in the elderly characterized by mutation of the Lewy bodies as a result of the abnormal structure of Lewy bodies, building up in areas of the brain.
According to the My Virtual Medical Center, Lewy bodies is the third most frequent cause of dementia in older adults and accounts for 15–35% of all dementias
* EGCG displays a potential effect in remodeling the αS fibrils and breaking the initially ordered pattern by reducing the β-sheet content.
* EGCG can also break the Greek conformation of αS by the disappeared H-bond in the secondary structure of turn.
Dr. Liu X, the lead author at the end of the study said, "The results from our study can not only reveal the specific interaction between EGCG and β-sheet-rich fibrils of αS, but also provide useful guidance for the discovery of other potential inhibitors".
EGCG effect on the transient 'active' oligomers (AOs),
At the final report, researchers found that
* EGCG facilitates the fibril formation and thus eliminating the toxic AOs.
* Also, EGCG suppresses the membrane disrupting radiating amyloid fibril formation on the surface of liposomal membranes, thus protecting the cells against the initiation of AOs.
How To Get Rid Of Eye Floaters
Contrary To Professionals Prediction, Floaters Can Be Cured Naturally
Ovarian Cysts And PCOS Elimination
Holistic System In Existence That Will Show You How To
Permanently Eliminate All Types of Ovarian Cysts Within 2 Months
Back to Kyle J. Norton Homepage http://kylejnorton.blogspot.ca
Kyle J. Norton (Scholar, Master of Nutrition, All right reserved)
Health article writer and researcher; Over 10.000 articles and research papers have been written and published online, including worldwide health, ezine articles, article base, health blogs, self-growth, best before it's news, the karate GB daily, etc.,.
Named TOP 50 MEDICAL ESSAYS FOR ARTISTS & AUTHORS TO READ by Disilgold.com Named 50 of the best health Tweeters Canada - Huffington Post
Nominated for shorty award over last 4 years
Some articles have been used as references in medical research, such as international journal Pharma and Bioscience, ISSN 0975-6299.
(1) Iron and alpha-synuclein in the substantia nigra of MPTP-treated mice: effect of neuroprotective drugs R-apomorphine and green tea polyphenol (-)-epigallocatechin-3-gallate by Mandel S1, Maor G, Youdim MB. (PubMed)
(2) EGCG-mediated Protection of the Membrane Disruption and Cytotoxicity Caused by the 'Active Oligomer' of α-Synuclein by Yang JE1, Rhoo KY2, Lee S1, Lee JT1, Park JH1, Bhak G1, Paik SR(PubMed)
(3) Influence of EGCG on α-synuclein (αS) aggregation and identification of their possible binding mode: A computational study using molecular dynamics simulation by Liu X1, Zhou S1,2, Shi D1, Bai Q1, Liu H2, Yao X1.(PubMed)
(4) Alpha-synuclein biology in Lewy body diseases by Woojin Scott Kim, Katarina Kågedal and Glenda Halliday (Research Gate)