Green tea major bioactive theanine may have a potential and positive effect in blocking the onset of bipolar disorder, some scientists suggested.
Bipolar disorder is a condition of brain disorder characterized by unusual shifting mood, energy, activity levels, and interfering the brain function in carrying out day-to-day tasks.
* Bipolar I disorder with severe manic episodes last at least 7 days, most people with bipolar I disorder needs immediate hospital care.
In the investigation to determine whether theanine (n-ethylglutamic acid), a non-proteinaceous amino acid component of green and black teas have any protective effects on the central nervous system, researchers found that
* Application of theanine also demonstrates the anxiolytic and calming effect by up-regulation of inhibitory neurotransmitters and possible modulation of serotonin and dopamine in selected areas and increasing levels of the brain-derived neurotrophic factor.
* Theanine also elicits improvements in cognitive function including learning and memory,
* Interestingly, theanine administration elicits selective changes in alpha brain wave activity with concomitant increases in selective attention during the execution of mental tasks and inhibits depression.
* However, EGCG did not significantly affect psychiatric symptoms or inflammatory markers, as compared with placebo.
* Adverse effects were mild and comparable between groups.
Taken all together, green and black tea major bioactive theanine may be considered a secondary therapy in protecting the brain against manic and depressive episode in patients with bipolar disorder.
Natural Medicine for Fatty Liver And Obesity Reversal - The Revolutionary Findings To Achieve Optimal Health And Lose Weight
How To Get Rid Of Eye Floaters
Contrary To Professionals Prediction, Floaters Can Be Cured Naturally
Ovarian Cysts And PCOS Elimination
Holistic System In Existence That Will Show You How To
Permanently Eliminate All Types of Ovarian Cysts Within 2 Months
Back to Kyle J. Norton Homepage http://kylejnorton.blogspot.ca
Kyle J. Norton (Scholar, Master of Nutrition, All right reserved)
Health article writer and researcher; Over 10.000 articles and research papers have been written and published online, including worldwide health, ezine articles, article base, health blogs, self-growth, best before it's news, the karate GB daily, etc.,.
Named TOP 50 MEDICAL ESSAYS FOR ARTISTS & AUTHORS TO READ by Disilgold.com Named 50 of the best health Tweeters Canada - Huffington Post
Nominated for shorty award over last 4 years
Some articles have been used as references in medical research, such as international journal Pharma and Bioscience, ISSN 0975-6299.
(1) Effect of epigallocatechin gallate supplementation in schizophrenia and bipolar disorder: an 8-week, randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled study by Loftis JM1, Wilhelm CJ, Huckans M.(PubMed)
(2) Neurobiological effects of the green tea constituent theanine and its potential role in the treatment of psychiatric and neurodegenerative disorders by Lardner AL. (PubMed)