Scientists may have found a whole vegetable which processes the function in balancing the ratio of free radicals and antioxidants, some studies suggested.
It is famous for its deep purple and the best eggplant can be found from August through October when it is in season.
The vegetable chemical compounds include sterols (i.e. typical plant sterols, androstane, pregnane and cholestane derivatives, steroidal alkaloids and sapogenins), phytosterols, triterpenes, δ-amyrin, Chlorogenic acid, Nasunin, and other Polyphenolic compounds.
In the reaffirming of the effects of eggplant rich source of polyphenol compounds endowed with antioxidant properties, researchers launched an evaluation to compare the antioxidant activity of the extract polyphenols from eggplant entire fruit, pulp, or skin, both fresh and dry and conventional extraction and microwave-assisted extraction (MAE).
In the time exposure 15, 30, 60, and 90 min) and solvent water 100% or ethanol/water, researchers found that 50% dry peeled skin treated with 50% aqueous ethanol, exerted a good antioxidant activity expressed by its capacity to scavenge superoxide anion and to inhibit lipid peroxidation compared to another eggplant extract.
* SAG exhibited potent and concentration-dependent free radical-scavenging activity (IC50/DPPH=275.03±7.8 μg/mL).
* Reductive and iron chelation abilities also increase with an increase in SAG concentration.
* SAG also inhibited peroxidation of cerebral and hepatic lipids subjected to iron oxidative assault.
The effect of eggplant in reducing the expression of free radical was attributed to the presence of major bioactive compounds, including gallic acid [(17.54±0.04) mg/g], chlorogenic acid (21.90±0.02 mg/g), caffeic acid (16.64±0.01 mg/g), rutin [(14.71±0.03) mg/g] and quercetin [(7.39±0.05) mg/g].
Taken all together, there is no doubt that eggplant processes a powerful antioxidants activity in the prevention of overexpression of free radical in the initiation of oxidative stress and combined with a primary theory for the treatment of oxidative stress-related diseases, depending on the confirmation of further data collection from the large example size and multi-center studies in human.
Natural Medicine for Fatty Liver And Obesity Reversal - The Revolutionary Findings To Achieve Optimal Health And Lose Weight
How To Get Rid Of Eye Floaters
Contrary To Professionals Prediction, Floaters Can Be Cured Naturally
Ovarian Cysts And PCOS Elimination
Holistic System In Existence That Will Show You How To
Permanently Eliminate All Types of Ovarian Cysts Within 2 Months
Back to Kyle J. Norton Homepage http://kylejnorton.blogspot.ca
Kyle J. Norton (Scholar, Master of Nutrition, All right reserved)
Health article writer and researcher; Over 10.000 articles and research papers have been written and published online, including worldwide health, ezine articles, article base, health blogs, self-growth, best before it's news, the karate GB daily, etc.,.
Named TOP 50 MEDICAL ESSAYS FOR ARTISTS & AUTHORS TO READ by Disilgold.com Named 50 of the best health Tweeters Canada - Huffington Post
Nominated for shorty award over last 4 years
Some articles have been used as references in medical research, such as international journal Pharma and Bioscience, ISSN 0975-6299.
(1) Antioxidant activity and phenolic content of microwave-assisted Solanum melongena extracts by Salerno L, Modica MN, Pittalà V, Romeo G, Siracusa MA, Di Giacomo C, Sorrenti V, Acquaviva R.(PubMed)
(2) African eggplant (Solanum anguivi Lam.) fruit with bioactive polyphenolic compounds exerts in vitro antioxidant properties and inhibits Ca(2+)-induced mitochondrial swelling by Elekofehinti OO1, Kamdem JP, Bolingon AA, Athayde ML, Lopes SR, Waczuk EP, Kade IJ, Adanlawo IG, Rocha JB. (PubMed)