Fennel may process a sustainable and therapeutic effect in enhancing cognitive functions, some scientists suggested.
Cognitive function is a mental process of the brain, with an aim to acquire knowledge by accumulating information through reasoning, memory, attention, and language, regardless of circumstances.
Fennel (Foeniculum vulgare) is a plant species of the genus, belonging to Apiaceae (Umbelliferae), native to the Mediterranean.
The herb has been used in traditional and herbal medicine as warming, carminative, antispasmodic, antidepressant agent and to stimulate the appetite, ease indigestion, soothe coughing, reduce intestinal spasms, to regulate the menstrual cycle and relieve PMS,...
Anethole, the main fragrance and bioactive compound of fennel, in the study of 20 other plant species was found to process nootropic activity in protecting the neurons degeneration, including diseases associated with a decline in cognitive abilities such as Alzheimer's disease through its anti-inflammatory and neuroprotective expression.
In the inflammatory expression, application of anethole exerted a significant effect in mediated NF-kB in the systematically inflammatory response induced by transcription of proinflammatory genes and TNF-α signaling in the production inflammatory factors in the acute phase of infection.
How To Get Rid Of Eye Floaters
Contrary To Professionals Prediction, Floaters Can Be Cured Naturally
Ovarian Cysts And PCOS Elimination
Holistic System In Existence That Will Show You How To
Permanently Eliminate All Types of Ovarian Cysts Within 2 Months
Back to Kyle J. Norton Homepage http://kylejnorton.blogspot.ca
Kyle J. Norton (Scholar, Master of Nutrition, All right reserved)
Health article writer and researcher; Over 10.000 articles and research papers have been written and published online, including worldwide health, ezine articles, article base, health blogs, self-growth, best before it's news, the karate GB daily, etc.,.
Named TOP 50 MEDICAL ESSAYS FOR ARTISTS & AUTHORS TO READ by Disilgold.com Named 50 of the best health Tweeters Canada - Huffington Post
Nominated for shorty award over last 4 years
Some articles have been used as references in medical research, such as international journal Pharma and Bioscience, ISSN 0975-6299.
(1) Cholinergic basis of memory-strengthening effect of Foeniculum vulgare Linn by Joshi H1, Parle M.(PubMed)
(2) A TRADITIONAL APPROACH TO HERBAL NOOTROPIC AGENTS: AN OVERVIEW Preksha Dwivedi, Richa Singh, Mohd.Tabish Malik and Talha Jawaid(International Journal of Pharmaceutical Science and Research)
(5) Foeniculum vulgare Mill: A Review of Its Botany, Phytochemistry, Pharmacology, Contemporary Application, and Toxicology by Shamkant B. Badgujar,* Vainav V. Patel, and Atmaram H. Bandivdekar(PubMed)
(4) Anethole and Its Role in Chronic Diseases by Aprotosoaie AC1, Costache II2, Miron A3.(PubMed)
(5) Brain foods: the effects of nutrients on brain function by Fernando Gómez-Pinilla. (PMC)
(6) Lifestyle Factors and Cognitive Ageing: Variation across Ability and Lifestyle Domains by Alan J. Gow, Allison A. M. Bielak, and Denis Gerstorf. (PMC)