Carrots may have a profound and positive effect in improving the health of vision, particularly in elderly, some scientists suggested.
In compared to visual health, vision impairment is a condition of functional limitation of the eye or visual system. In severe cases, the condition can lead to complete loss of vision.
Most The most common causes of vision loss among the elderly are associated with age-related macular degeneration, glaucoma, cataract, and diabetic retinopathy.
In a study to explore the association between the consumption of fruits and vegetables and the presence of glaucoma researchers launched an investigation including a sample of 1,155 women located in multiple centers in the United States.
* Women who ate 3 or more servings/day of fruits/fruit juices were 79%
* Higher consumption of carrots (P = .061) and spinach (P = .094) showed a protective trend against glaucoma
* Increased consumption of carrots, but no other food high in beta-carotene was associated with significantly increased reporting of poor night vision among women
* Carrot intake may protect against difficulty in seeing at night.
Natural Medicine for Fatty Liver And Obesity Reversal - The Revolutionary Findings To Achieve Optimal Health And Lose Weight
How To Get Rid Of Eye Floaters
Contrary To Professionals Prediction, Floaters Can Be Cured Naturally
Ovarian Cysts And PCOS Elimination
Holistic System In Existence That Will Show You How To
Permanently Eliminate All Types of Ovarian Cysts Within 2 Months
Back to Kyle J. Norton Homepage http://kylejnorton.blogspot.ca
Kyle J. Norton (Scholar, Master of Nutrition, All right reserved)
Health article writer and researcher; Over 10.000 articles and research papers have been written and published online, including worldwide health, ezine articles, article base, health blogs, self-growth, best before it's news, the karate GB daily, etc.,.
Named TOP 50 MEDICAL ESSAYS FOR ARTISTS & AUTHORS TO READ by Disilgold.com Named 50 of the best health Tweeters Canada - Huffington Post
Nominated for shorty award over last 4 years
Some articles have been used as references in medical research, such as international journal Pharma and Bioscience, ISSN 0975-6299.
(1) Glaucoma risk and the consumption of fruits and vegetables among older women in the study of osteoporotic fractures by Coleman AL1, Stone KL, Kodjebacheva G, Yu F, Pedula KL, Ensrud KE, Cauley JA, Hochberg MC, Topouzis F, Badala F, Mangione CM; Study of Osteoporotic Fractures Research Group(PubMed)
(2) The association of consumption of fruits/vegetables with decreased risk of glaucoma among older African-American women in the study of osteoporotic fractures by Giaconi JA1, Yu F, Stone KL, Pedula KL, Ensrud KE, Cauley JA, Hochberg MC, Coleman AL; Study of Osteoporotic Fractures Research Group(PubMed)
(3) Carrots, carotene and seeing in the dark by Smith W1, Mitchell P, Lazarus R.(PubMed)