Green tea may have a potential and positive effect in reducing symptoms of depression and anxiety stress, some scientists suggested.
Depression and anxiety disorders are a psychological illness. Depression disorder is not the same as anxiety disorder however they often share symptoms similar to those of an anxiety.
The causes of depression may be attributed to the numbers of factors such as genetics, changes in hormone levels, certain medical conditions, stress, grief or difficult life circumstances.
Dr. Kathleen Smith, Ph.D. in the classification of the different depression and anxiety wrote, "There are, however, some distinguishing features. People with depression move slowly, and their reactions can seem flattened or dulled. People with anxiety tend to be more keyed up, as they struggle to manage their racing thoughts. Another distinguishing feature is the presence of fear about the future in people with anxiety. Depressed people who do not have anxiety are less likely to be fraught with worry about future events, as they are often resigned to believing that things will continue to be bad. In other words, they may predict the future based on how they feel in the moment".
The National University Health System, Singapore which launched the study to examine the association between long-term tea consumption and depressive and anxiety symptoms in community-living elderly including 614 elderly aged 60 years and above, who were free of dementia and cognitive impairment suggested base on the Information on tea consumption,
* 59% of the subjects participated in the study had consumed tea for over 15 years.
* The subjective stress in participants was significantly lower in the low-caffeine-group than in the placebo-group during pharmacy practice.
* The level of salivary α-amylase activity, a stress marker, increased significantly after daily pharmacy practice in the placebo group but not in the low-caffeine-group.
How To Get Rid Of Eye Floaters
Contrary To Professionals Prediction, Floaters Can Be Cured Naturally
Ovarian Cysts And PCOS Elimination
Holistic System In Existence That Will Show You How To
Permanently Eliminate All Types of Ovarian Cysts Within 2 Months
Back to Kyle J. Norton Homepage http://kylejnorton.blogspot.ca
Kyle J. Norton (Scholar, Master of Nutrition, All right reserved)
Health article writer and researcher; Over 10.000 articles and research papers have been written and published online, including worldwide health, ezine articles, article base, health blogs, self-growth, best before it's news, the karate GB daily, etc.,.
Named TOP 50 MEDICAL ESSAYS FOR ARTISTS & AUTHORS TO READ by Disilgold.com Named 50 of the best health Tweeters Canada - Huffington Post
Nominated for shorty award over last 4 years
Some articles have been used as references in medical research, such as international journal Pharma and Bioscience, ISSN 0975-6299.
(1) Associations of Long-Term Tea Consumption with Depressive and Anxiety Symptoms in Community-Living Elderly: Findings from the Diet and Healthy Aging Study by Chan SP1, Yong PZ, Sun Y, Mahendran R, Wong JCM, Qiu C, Ng TP, Kua EH, Feng L.(PubMed)
(2) Green tea effects on cognition, mood and human brain function: A systematic review by Mancini E1, Beglinger C2, Drewe J2, Zanchi D1, Lang UE1, Borgwardt S3(PubMed)
(3) Anti-stress Effect of Green Tea with Lowered Caffeine on Humans: A Pilot Study by Unno K1,2, Yamada H3, Iguchi K1, Ishida H4, Iwao Y5, Morita A6, Nakamura Y2.(PubMed)