Scientists may have found a herbal ingredient for the treatment of leukemia with no side effects, some studies suggested.
Leukemia is a medical condition characterized by the production of high numbers of abnormal white blood cells. The disease is a group of cancers originated in the soft, inner part of the bones (bone marrow).
Leukemia can be classified into acute and chronic leukemia. In acute and chronic leukemia, the abnormal cells can multiply quickly. On the other hand, chronic leukemia, progresses slowly and early symptoms may be very mild.
Chaste tree berry is a species of Vitex agnus-castus, genus Vitex, belonging to the family Lamiaceae, native to the Mediterranean region.
The tree has been used in herbal medicine for thousands of year as an aphrodisiac herb and is considered as Queen herb in treating menstrual problems and discomforts by taking it in a prolonged period of time.
There was a report suggested that chaste tree berry stems and leaves can be used by women as bedding "to cool the heat of lust" during the time of the Thesmophoria,
2. Labdane-type diterpenoids,
3. Halimane-type diterpenoid,
4. Oleanane-type triterpenoids,
5. Ursane-type triterpenoids,
8. Viteagnusins C, D, E, F, G, and H
9. Abietane-type diterpenoids
In the study to reaffirm the extract from the ripe fruit of Vitex Angus-cactus (Vitex), may be considered an anticancer candidate, researchers at the joint investigation led by the Tokyo University of Pharmacy and Life Sciences conducted a study to provide a molecular rationale for clinical development in anticancer therapy(SB203580, an inhibitor for p38 MAPK), a detailed mechanism underlying the efficacy of Vitex against HL-60 cells.
* Vitex inhibited HL-60 cancer cells through, the mediation of cytotoxicity.
* A decline in ROS levels along with enhanced apoptosis was observed after treatment with Vitex.
However, due to the limitation of the studies, further data collection on large example size and multi-centers studies performed with human consumption of the whole food during the course of the disease will be necessary to complete the picture of chaste tree berry anti-leukemia possibilities.
Natural Medicine for Fatty Liver And Obesity Reversal - The Revolutionary Findings To Achieve Optimal Health And Lose Weight
How To Get Rid Of Eye Floaters
Contrary To Professionals Prediction, Floaters Can Be Cured Naturally
Ovarian Cysts And PCOS Elimination
Holistic System In Existence That Will Show You How To
Permanently Eliminate All Types of Ovarian Cysts Within 2 Months
Back to Kyle J. Norton Homepage http://kylejnorton.blogspot.ca
Kyle J. Norton (Scholar, Master of Nutrition, All right reserved)
Health article writer and researcher; Over 10.000 articles and research papers have been written and published online, including worldwide health, ezine articles, article base, health blogs, self-growth, best before it's news, the karate GB daily, etc.,.
Named TOP 50 MEDICAL ESSAYS FOR ARTISTS & AUTHORS TO READ by Disilgold.com Named 50 of the best health Tweeters Canada - Huffington Post
Nominated for shorty award over last 4 years
Some articles have been used as references in medical research, such as international journal Pharma and Bioscience, ISSN 0975-6299.
(1) Involvement of histone H3 phosphorylation via the activation of p38 MAPK pathway and intracellular redox status in cytotoxicity of HL-60 cells induced by Vitex agnus-castus fruit extract by chi H1, Yuan B1, Yuhara E1, Imai M1, Furutani R1, Fukushima S1, Hazama S1, Hirobe C2, Ohyama K1, Takagi N3, Toyoda H1.(PubMed)
(2) Cytotoxicity of Vitex agnus-castus fruit extract and its major component, casticin, correlates with differentiation status in leukemia cell lines by chi H1, Yuan B, Nishimura Y, Imai M, Furutani R, Kamoi S, Seno M, Fukushima S, Hazama S, Hirobe C, Ohyama K, Hu XM, Takagi N, Hirano T, Toyoda H.(PubMed)