Dermatitis or eczema is a group of diseases characterized by the inflammation of the skin.
There is no single cause of eczema, anything that we face every day can trigger a dermatitis flare, including stress, irritants, climate change, and sweating. However, infection and allergens.are considered the most common causes of the disease.
Chamomile is also known as camomile, the common name of many species daisy-like plants in the family Asteraceae.
The herb has been used in traditional medicine as antispasmodic and anti-inflammatory constituents and to treat menstrual cramps and sleep disorders, reduce cramping and spastic pain in the bowels, relieve excessive gas and bloating in the intestine, etc.
In the study to reaffirm the traditional use of German chamomile (GC) oil for the treatment of skin disorders, researchers at the Howon University launched an investigation of BALB/c mice sensitized twice a week with 100 microL of 1% 2,4-dinitrochlorobenzene (DNCB) and challenged twice the following week with 100 microL of 0.2% DNCB for atopic dermatitis induction before applying 3% GC oil daily (70 microL, 6 times week) on the dorsal skin for 4 weeks.
Saline or jojoba oil was used for the control mice.
* Serum IgE levels were significantly lowered in the GC oil application group at the end of the 4-week application period compared to control groups.
* The GC oil application for 4 weeks results in serum IgG1 level compared with that after 2-week application.
* The GC oil application group showed a significantly lower serum histamine level than the control group 2 weeks after oil application.
* Symptoms of scratching frequency of the GC oil application group was significantly lower than either control groups.
These results suggested that GC oil's immunoregulatory potential for alleviating atopic dermatitis through the influencing of Th2 cell in the inflammatory response.
colloidal oatmeal, feverfew, licorice, aloe vera, chamomile, and turmeric
Dr. Wu at the final report, said, "These products may be particularly well suited as alternatives to pharmacologic therapies in chronic conditions for which long-term use is required".
Natural Medicine for Fatty Liver And Obesity Reversal - The Revolutionary Findings To Achieve Optimal Health And Lose Weight
How To Get Rid Of Eye Floaters
Contrary To Professionals Prediction, Floaters Can Be Cured Naturally
Ovarian Cysts And PCOS Elimination
Holistic System In Existence That Will Show You How To
Permanently Eliminate All Types of Ovarian Cysts Within 2 Months
Back to Kyle J. Norton Homepage http://kylejnorton.blogspot.ca
Kyle J. Norton (Scholar, Master of Nutrition, All right reserved)
Health article writer and researcher; Over 10.000 articles and research papers have been written and published online, including worldwide health, ezine articles, article base, health blogs, self-growth, best before it's news, the karate GB daily, etc.,.
Named TOP 50 MEDICAL ESSAYS FOR ARTISTS & AUTHORS TO READ by Disilgold.com Named 50 of the best health Tweeters Canada - Huffington Post
Nominated for shorty award over last 4 years
Some articles have been used as references in medical research, such as international journal Pharma and Bioscience, ISSN 0975-6299.
(1) Effect of German chamomile oil application on alleviating atopic dermatitis-like immune alterations in mice.by Lee SH1, Heo Y, Kim YC.(PubMed)
(2) Anti-inflammatory ingredients by Wu J.(PubMed)
(3) Diet and Dermatitis: Food Triggers by Rajani Katta, MD and Megan Schlichte, BSc(PMC)