Hyperlipidemia is a condition characterized by abnormally high blood cholesterol in the blood.
The exact causes of the condition are unknown. However, most researchers suggested that genetic mutation inherited from the parents, unhealthy diet and lifestyle and some medical conditions such as diabetes, kidney disease, and hypothyroidism, are the most common risk factors that cause the early onset of the syndrome.
Truly, mutation of LDLRAP1 gene is inherited in an autosomal recessive pattern which contributes to the risk of hyperlipidemia. However, parents of the patient who carry only one copy of the altered gene, are not at risk of high blood cholesterol levels.
At the final report of the experiment, researchers showed
* Carrot intake significant decrease cholesterol level in the liver by 44% and level of liver triglycerides by 40%.
* Carrot diet increases the fecal total steroids excretion increased by 30% in the carrot diet compared to the control, an indication of reduced cholesterol absorption.
* The secretion of bile acids was maintained, whereas the cholesterol apparent absorption was reduced in rats fed with carrot diet.
* Carrot consumption also improves the antioxidant status
* The carrot diet provided carotenoid antioxidants: 5.1 mg beta-carotene, 1.6 mg alpha-carotene and 0.25mg lutein per 100 g diet.
Dr. Nicolle C the lead author in the summary once again said, " Carrot consumption modifies cholesterol absorption and bile acids excretion and increases antioxidant status and these effects could be interesting for cardiovascular protection".
Natural Medicine for Fatty Liver And Obesity Reversal - The Revolutionary Findings To Achieve Optimal Health And Lose Weight
How To Get Rid Of Eye Floaters
Contrary To Professionals Prediction, Floaters Can Be Cured Naturally
Ovarian Cysts And PCOS Elimination
Holistic System In Existence That Will Show You How To
Permanently Eliminate All Types of Ovarian Cysts Within 2 Months
Back to Kyle J. Norton Homepage http://kylejnorton.blogspot.ca
Kyle J. Norton (Scholar, Master of Nutrition, All right reserved)
Health article writer and researcher; Over 10.000 articles and research papers have been written and published online, including worldwide health, ezine articles, article base, health blogs, self-growth, best before it's news, the karate GB daily, etc.,.
Named TOP 50 MEDICAL ESSAYS FOR ARTISTS & AUTHORS TO READ by Disilgold.com Named 50 of the best health Tweeters Canada - Huffington Post
Nominated for shorty award over last 4 years
Some articles have been used as references in medical research, such as international journal Pharma and Bioscience, ISSN 0975-6299.
(1) Lyophilized carrot ingestion lowers lipemia and beneficially affects cholesterol metabolism in cholesterol-fed C57BL/6J mice by Nicolle C1, Gueux E, Lab C, Jaffrelo L, Rock E, Mazur A, Amouroux P, Rémésy C.(PubMed)
(2) Effect of carrot intake on cholesterol metabolism and on antioxidant status in the cholesterol-fed rat by Nicolle C1, Cardinault N, Aprikian O, Busserolles J, Grolier P, Rock E, Demigné C, Mazur A, Scalbert A, Amouroux P, Rémésy C.(PubMed)