Cat's claw found in the tropical jungles of South and Central America may have a potential effect in reducing the risk and treatment of the early onset of irregular cell growth, some scientists suggested.
Cancers are a class of chronic diseases associated with cell growth in the tissue and organs. At the advanced stage, malignant cells can travel a distance away from the original site to infect other healthy cells and tissues.
There are many types of cancer, depending on the location where cancer begins.
As of today, researchers do not know what are the exact cause of cancers. however many researchers believe, exposure to the environmental toxins, genetic mutation, and an unhealthy diet and lifestyle are the most common risk factors associated with the onset of the diseases.
Genetic mutation od BRCA1 and BRCA2 are associated with hereditary breast and ovarian cancer and alternation of gene PTEN.that suppress the growth of tumors also increase the risk of cancers.
Dr. N Parsa in the study "Environmental Factors Inducing Human Cancers" wrote, "(Environment toxins cause) genetic mutations that would eventually alter the normal pathway of cellular proliferation and differentiation. Genetic mutations in four groups of genes; (Oncogenes, Tumor suppressor genes, Apoptosis genes, and DNA repair genes) play a vital role in altering the normal cell division" and " Inhibition of carcinogenic exposures wherever possible should be the goal of cancer prevention programs to reduce exposures from all environmental carcinogens".
The statement illustrated that environmentally induced genetic alternation at the cellular levels can initiate the early onset of cancer.
According to the World Cancer Research Fund UK What you eat can have a big impact on your risk of developing cancer. eating too much fat and sugar and less of fruits and vegetables are the most prevalent risk factors of cancers.
Cat's claw found in in the tropical jungles of South and Central America, is a genus Uncaria, belonging to the family Rubiaceae.
The herb has been used in traditional medicine over two thousand years as a tonic, contraceptive, anti-inflammatory, and infectious agent, and to treat diarrhea, rheumatic disorders, acne, diabetes, cancer and diseases of the urinary tract, etc..
The Chemical Ingredients
The chemical constituents of Cat's claw include ajmalicine, akuammigine, campesterol, catechin, carboxyl alkyl esters, chlorogenic acid, cinchona, corynantheine, corynoxeine, daucosterol, epicatechin, harman, hirsuteine, hirsutine, iso-pteropodine.
In the study of anti-cancer effect of the preparation Cat's claw in several cancer cell lines to determine the IC (50) values with different quantitative and qualitative oxindole alkaloid composition: B/W(37) --bark extracted in water at 37 °C, B/W(b)--bark extracted in boiling water, B/50E(37) --bark extracted in 50% ethanol at 37 °C, B/E(b)--bark extracted in boiling 96% ethanol, B/96E(37) --bark extracted in 96% ethanol at 37 °C and B/SRT--bark extracted in water and dichloromethane researchers found that
* B/96E(37) and B/SRT were the most cytotoxic preparations
* B/96E(37) are most active against Lewis lung carcinoma (LL/2) [IC(50) =25.06 μg/ml], cervical carcinoma (KB) [IC(50) =35.69 μg/ml] and colon adenocarcinoma (SW707) [IC(50) =49.06 μg/ml].
* B/SRT was especially effective in inhibiting proliferation of cervical carcinoma (KB) [IC(50) =23.57 μg/ml], breastcarcinoma (MCF-7) [IC(50) =29.86 μg/ml] and lung carcinoma (A-549) [IC(50) =40.03 μg/ml].
* In animal studies on mice bearing Lewis lung carcinoma showed significant inhibition of tumor growth by B/W(37) administered for 21 days at daily doses of 5 and 0.5 mg (p=0.0009).
* There are no adverse effects in all preparations.
Furthermore, in the study to reaffirm the traditional use of the preparations from Uncaria tomentosa, a South American Rubiaceae, for the treatment of infective, inflammatory and tumoral processes, researchers launched an investigation to test whether the pentacyclic oxindole alkaloid mitraphylline isolated from the dried inner bark of this plant species has a similar anticancer effect in human Ewing's sarcoma MHH-ES-1 and breast cancer MT-3 cell lines.
Administration at the IC (50) +/- SE values of17.15 +/- 0.82 microM for MHH-ES-1 and 11.80 +/- 1.03 microM for MT-3 for 30 hours exerted a clinically significant inhibition of the human sarcoma and breast cancer cell line in a dose-dependent manner.
However, due to the limitation of the above studies, additional data collection large example size and multi-centers studies performed with human consumption of the preparations during the course of the disease will be necessary to complete the picture of Cat's claw anti-cancers possibilities.
Natural Medicine for Fatty Liver And Obesity Reversal - The Revolutionary Findings To Achieve Optimal Health And Lose Weight
How To Get Rid Of Eye Floaters
Contrary To Professionals Prediction, Floaters Can Be Cured Naturally
Ovarian Cysts And PCOS Elimination
Holistic System In Existence That Will Show You How To
Permanently Eliminate All Types of Ovarian Cysts Within 2 Months
Back to Kyle J. Norton Homepage http://kylejnorton.blogspot.ca
Kyle J. Norton (Scholar, Master of Nutrition, All right reserved)
Health article writer and researcher; Over 10.000 articles and research papers have been written and published online, including worldwide health, ezine articles, article base, health blogs, self-growth, best before it's news, the karate GB daily, etc.,.
Named TOP 50 MEDICAL ESSAYS FOR ARTISTS & AUTHORS TO READ by Disilgold.com Named 50 of the best health Tweeters Canada - Huffington Post
Nominated for shorty award over last 4 years
Some articles have been used as references in medical research, such as international journal Pharma and Bioscience, ISSN 0975-6299.
(1) Topical plant database (Rain tree)
(2) Anticancer activity of the Uncaria tomentosa (Willd.) DC. preparations with different oxindole alkaloid composition by Pilarski R, Filip B, Wietrzyk J, Kuraś M, Gulewicz K.(PubMed)
(3) Cytotoxic effect of the pentacyclic oxindole alkaloid mitraphylline isolated from Uncaria tomentosa bark on human Ewing's sarcoma and breast cancer cell lines, by García Giménez D, García Prado E, Sáenz Rodríguez T, Fernández Arche A, De la Puerta R.(PubMed)
(4) Environmental Factors Inducing Human Cancers by N Parsa. (PMC)
(5) Cancer is a Preventable Disease that Requires Major Lifestyle Changes by Preetha Anand, Ajaikumar B. Kunnumakara, Chitra Sundaram, Kuzhuvelil B. Harikumar,Sheeja T. Tharakan, Oiki S. Lai, Bokyung Sung, and Bharat B. Aggarwal. (PMC)