Some researchers suggested that anxiety may be attributed to the overreaction of the sympathetic nervous system that has a function to prepare our body for emergency and the conscious or even unconscious mind in cases of a need for defense.
The technique has been well known for people in the Western world and some parts in Asia, due to health benefits reported by various respectable institutes' research and supported by health advocates.
In the review of literature posted in Cochrane Pregnancy and Childbirth Group's Trials Register (30 November 2010), MEDLINE (1950 to 30 November 2010), EMBASE (1974 to 30 November 2010), the National Center for Complementary and Alternative Medicine (NCCAM) (1 December 2010), ClinicalTrials.gov (December 2010) and Current Controlled Trials (1 December 2010) involving pregnant women of any age at any time from conception to one month after birth, researchers found that
* Another study also suggested that yoga and other techniques with mind-body interventions had a positive effect on anxiety and depression in the immediate postpartum period
Even with these favorable outcomes, researchers in the review still concern of the small number of studies per intervention and to the diversity of outcome measurements with no meta-analysis.
Truly, yoga meditation and mindfulness only calm the nervous system in the modulation of hormones production without inducing overexpression of certain hormones which may cause anxiety but also
bring the prenatal mother back to the present and deal the situation in a thoughtful way.
These results may restore the feeling of joy, connection with the baby, the happiness that the baby will bring, the pleasure to have a baby and a feeling of comfort in the belly that carries the baby, etc.
* Compared to the control group, yoga participated group in one single class showed to reduce both subjective and physiological measures of state anxiety (STAI-S and cortisol), and
* This single class-induced reduction remained through the final session of the intervention
* Yoga group also improved the reduction in WDEQ score
How To Get Rid Of Eye Floaters
Contrary To Professionals Prediction, Floaters Can Be Cured Naturally
Ovarian Cysts And PCOS Elimination
Holistic System In Existence That Will Show You How To
Permanently Eliminate All Types of Ovarian Cysts Within 2 Months
Back to Kyle J. Norton Homepage http://kylejnorton.blogspot.ca
Kyle J. Norton (Scholar, Master of Nutrition, All right reserved)
Health article writer and researcher; Over 10.000 articles and research papers have been written and published online, including worldwide health, ezine articles, article base, health blog, self-growth, best before it's news, the karate GB daily, etc.,.
Named TOP 50 MEDICAL ESSAYS FOR ARTISTS & AUTHORS TO READ by Disilgold.com Named 50 of the best health Tweeters Canada - Huffington Post
Nominated for shorty award over last 4 years
Some articles have been used as references in medical research, such as international journal Pharma and Bioscience, ISSN 0975-6299.
(1) Mind-body interventions during pregnancy for preventing or treating women's anxiety byMarc I1, Toureche N, Ernst E, Hodnett ED, Blanchet C, Dodin S, Njoya MM. (PubMed)
(2) Efficacy, Feasibility, and Acceptability of Perinatal Yoga on Women's Mental Health and Well-Being: A Systematic Literature Review by Sheffield KM1, Woods-Giscombé CL2.(PubMed)
(3) Effects of antenatal yoga on maternal anxiety and depression: a randomized controlled trial by Newham JJ1, Wittkowski A, Hurley J, Aplin JD, Westwood M.(PubMed)