Carrots may have a profound and positive effect in reduced risk and treatment of hypertension, some scientists suggested.
Hypertension is a common syndrome characterized by abnormally high blood pressure.
High blood pressure (HBP or hypertension) induced narrowing and blocking of blood vessels were associated with increased risk of developing heart failure.
Carrot, a root vegetable with an orange color is a subspecies of Daucus carota, belongings to the family Apiaceae, native to Asian and Europe.
Epidemiological studies strongly suggested that increased fruit and vegetable intake daily and regularly is assowithated to lower blood pressure.
However, according to the searching of the medical literature data bases, most studies were found to engage in short-term intervention.
In a prospective study to examine the independent association of whole fruit (excluding juices) and vegetable intake, as well as the change in consumption of whole fruits and vegetables, with incident hypertension in 3 large longitudinal cohort studies: Nurses' Health Study (n=62 175), Nurses' Health Study II (n=88 475), and Health Professionals Follow-up Study (n=36 803) conducted by the joint investigation lead by the Brigham and Women's Hospital and Harvard Medical School, researchers found that
However, sub-sequenced study with anthocyanins, phenolic acids and carotenoids, the predominant phytochemicals isolated from purple carrots in hypertensive rats induced by a high fat diet, researchers found
* Rat fed with high fat diet developed an elevated hypertension
* Rat fed with a high fat diet with an injection of whole food purple carrot juice showed a significant reduced blood pressure in compared to untreated group.
Natural Medicine for Fatty Liver And Obesity Reversal - The Revolutionary Findings To Achieve Optimal Health And Lose Weight
How To Get Rid Of Eye Floaters
Contrary To Professionals Prediction, Floaters Can Be Cured Naturally
Ovarian Cysts And PCOS Elimination
Holistic System In Existence That Will Show You How To
Permanently Eliminate All Types of Ovarian Cysts Within 2 Months
Back to Kyle J. Norton Homepage http://kylejnorton.blogspot.ca
Kyle J. Norton (Scholar, Master of Nutrition, All right reserved)
Health article writer and researcher; Over 10.000 articles and research papers have been written and published online, including worldwide health, ezine articles, article base, health blog, self-growth, best before it's news, the karate GB daily, etc.,.
Named TOP 50 MEDICAL ESSAYS FOR ARTISTS & AUTHORS TO READ by Disilgold.com Named 50 of the best health Tweeters Canada - Huffington Post
Nominated for shorty award over last 4 years
Some articles have been used as references in medical research, such as international journal Pharma and Bioscience, ISSN 0975-6299.
(1) Fruit and Vegetable Consumption and the Incidence of Hypertension in Three Prospective Cohort Studies by Borgi L1, Muraki I2, Satija A2, Willett WC2, Rimm EB2, Forman JP2.(PubMed)
(2) A randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial of the effect of dried purple carrot on body mass, lipids, blood pressure, body composition, and inflammatory markers in overweight and obese adults: the QUENCH trial BY Wright OR1, Netzel GA, Sakzewski AR. (PubMed)
(3) Comparison of purple carrot juice and β-carotene in a high-carbohydrate, high-fat diet-fed rat model of the metabolic syndrome by Poudyal H1, Panchal S, Brown L.(PubMed)
(4) Natural Antioxidants and Hypertension: Promise and Challenges by Tinoy J. Kizhakekuttu, MD and Michael E. Widlansky, MD, MPH (PMC)