Binge eating disorder is a condition of compulsive eating of huge amounts of food while feeling out of control and powerless to stop. It is the common eating disorder in the United States affecting 3.5% of females and 2% of males.
Yoga, the ancient technique practice for harmonized external and internal body well being, through breath control, meditation, bodily movement and gesture..... has been well known for people in Western world and some parts in Asia due to health benefits reported by various respectable institutes and supported by health advocates.
In the study to evaluate the impact of a primary prevention program for eating disorders aimed at fifth-grade females, based on empirically validated risk and protective factors and incorporated interactive discourse, yoga, and relaxation into 10 weekly sessions, researchers found that participated in the yoga combined with other program showed a significant decrease on scales measuring body dissatisfaction and drive for thinness, as well as media influence without mentioning the results of above programmed intervention.
1. Yoga group displayad a significant weigh loss after completion
2. yoga group expressed a fewer depressive symptoms and improved bing eating disorder
More importantly, in the evaluated attitudes about body image and eating in women practicing postural yoga, researchers showed that
1. Yoga group displayed higher scores on all measures including significant correlations questionnaires on variables related to body awareness, intuitive eating, spirituality, and reasons for practicing
2. Yoga group expressed an improvement in body satisfaction and disordered eating
You Can Eliminate Osteoarthritis
By addressing the Underlying Causes through Clinical Trials and Studies
Ovarian Cysts And PCOS Elimination
Holistic System In Existence That Will Show You How To
Permanently Eliminate All Types of Ovarian Cysts Within 2 Months
FOOD HACK for Weight Loss
A Simple Cooking Technique That Cuts The Calories & Glycemic
Impact In Rice, Pasta, And Potatoes In Half
Back to Kyle J. Norton Home page http://kylejnorton.blogspot.ca
Kyle J. Norton (Scholar, Master of Nutrients, All right reserved)
Health article writer and researcher; Over 10.000 articles and research papers have been written and published on line, including world wide health, ezine articles, article base, healthblogs, selfgrowth, best before it's news, the karate GB daily, etc.,.
Named TOP 50 MEDICAL ESSAYS FOR ARTISTS & AUTHORS TO READ by Disilgold.com Named 50 of the best health Tweeters Canada - Huffington Post
Nominated for shorty award over last 4 years
Some articles have been used as references in medical research, such as international journal Pharma and Bio science, ISSN 0975-6299.
(1) Group prevention of eating disorders with fifth-grade females: impact on body dissatisfaction, drive for thinness, and media influence by Scime M1, Cook-Cottone C, Kane L, Watson T.(PubMed)
(2) [The importance of movement-directed interventions in the multidisciplinary treatment of binge eating disorder: an overview].[Article in Dutch] by Vancampfort D1, Vanderlinden J, Pieters G, De Herdt A, Schueremans A, Adriaens A, Van Der Borght W, De Hert M, Probst M.(PubMed)
(3). Body awareness, eating attitudes, and spiritual beliefs of women practicing yoga by Dittmann KA1, Freedman MR.(PubMed)