Dried peas may be considered a functional food in enhanced antioxidant activities, some renowned institute studies suggested.
Dried pea is a small but nutritionally mighty member of the legume family, genus Pisum belongings to the family Fabaceae with healthy source of proteins, fibers, vitamins and minerals.
Antioxidant is a natural substances protect our body against cellular damage caused chain reaction of ROS by inhibiting free radical over expression.
In the study to evaluate the The hepatoprotective and antioxidant activities of the hydroalcoholic extract (PE) of pea (Pisum sativum L.) using CCl4-induced oxidative stress and hepatic damage in rats, researchers at the Cairo University revealed that peas demonstrated a significant hepatoprotective and antioxidant activities mostly in n-butanol fraction, a major chemical compound in peas.
After taking into account of other analysis, including Chromatographic fractionation, Dr, said, "pea by-product contained biologically active constituents which can be utilised to obtain high value added products for nutraceutical use".
1. Pea protein hydrolysate, after a 12 h pre-treatment, inhibited NO production by activated macrophages up to 20%.
2. The tested chemical compound also demonstrated a strong inhibition of secretion of pro-inflammatory cytokines, TNF-α- and IL-6, up to 35 and 80%, respectively.
3. Oral administration of PPH in mice enhanced the white blood cell activity in stimulated the gut mucosa immune response.
Dr. Ndiaye F, after taking into account of other con founders said, "Enzymatic protein degradation confers anti-oxidant, anti-inflammatory and immunomodulating potentials to pea proteins, and the resulted peptides could be used as an alternative therapy for the prevention of inflammatory-related diseases".
You Can Eliminate Osteoarthritis
By addressing the Underlying Causes through Clinical Trials and Studies
Ovarian Cysts And PCOS Elimination
Holistic System In Existence That Will Show You How To
Permanently Eliminate All Types of Ovarian Cysts Within 2 Months
FOOD HACK for Weight Loss
A Simple Cooking Technique That Cuts The Calories & Glycemic
Impact In Rice, Pasta, And Potatoes In Half
Back to Kyle J. Norton Home page http://kylejnorton.blogspot.ca
Kyle J. Norton(Scholar, Master of Nutrients), all right reserved.
Health article writer and researcher; Over 10.000 articles and research papers have been written and published on line, including world wide health, ezine articles, article base, healthblogs, selfgrowth, best before it's news, the karate GB daily, etc.,.
Named TOP 50 MEDICAL ESSAYS FOR ARTISTS & AUTHORS TO READ by Disilgold.com Named 50 of the best health Tweeters Canada - Huffington Post
Nominated for shorty award over last 4 years
Some articles have been used as references in medical research, such as international journal Pharma and Bio science, ISSN 0975-6299.
(1) Bioassay-guided fractionation of a hepatoprotective and antioxidant extract of peaby-product by Seida AA1, El Tanbouly ND, Islam WT, Eid HH, El Maraghy SA, El Senousy AS.(PubMed)
(2) Anti-oxidant, anti-inflammatory and immunomodulating properties of an enzymatic protein hydrolysate from yellow field pea seeds by Ndiaye F1, Vuong T, Duarte J, Aluko RE, Matar C.(PubMed)
(3) Broad bean and pea by-products as sources of fibre-rich ingredients: potential antioxidant activity measured in vitro by Mateos-Aparicio I1, Redondo-Cuenca A, Villanueva-Suárez MJ.(PubMed)