symptoms of children with attention deficit disorder
Children with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder usually have behavior and learning disabilities with (six or more) symptoms in the hyperactivity-impulsive categories.
Yoga, the ancient technique for harmonized external and internal body well beings, through breath control, meditation, bodily movement and gesture..... has been well known for people in Western world and some parts in Asia due to health benefits reported by various respectable institutes' research and supported by health advocates.
In the study to investigate whether a yoga exercise intervention influenced the sustained attention and discrimination function in children with ADHD, 49 participants (mean age = 10.50 years) selected and assigned to either a yoga exercise or a control group, researchers after taking into account of other risk factors suggested that children in yoga group demonstrated significant improvements in accuracy rate and reaction time of both Visual Pursuit Test and Determination Test over time in compared to control group.
The astonished findings in the study indicated that yoga therapy as the alternative treatment can be complementary to behavioral interventions for children with attention and inhibition problems.
Furthermore, Dr. Chien-Chih Chou, the led author also opinionated, "Schools and parents of children with ADHD should consider alternatives for maximizing the opportunities that children with ADHD can engage in structured yoga exercises".
2. Yoga group engaged in more home practice showed a significant improvement on TOVA Response Time Variability with a trend on the ADHD score,
3. And, greater improvements on the CTRS Global Emotional Lability subscale
You Can Eliminate Osteoarthritis
By addressing the Underlying Causes through Clinical Trials and Studies
Ovarian Cysts And PCOS Elimination
Holistic System In Existence That Will Show You How To
Permanently Eliminate All Types of Ovarian Cysts Within 2 Months
FOOD HACK for Weight Loss
A Simple Cooking Technique That Cuts The Calories & Glycemic
Impact In Rice, Pasta, And Potatoes In Half
Back to Kyle J. Norton Home page http://kylejnorton.blogspot.ca
Kyle J. Norton (Scholar, Master of Nutrients, All right reserved)
Health article writer and researcher; Over 10.000 articles and research papers have been written and published on line, including world wide health, ezine articles, article base, healthblogs, selfgrowth, best before it's news, the karate GB daily, etc.,.
Named TOP 50 MEDICAL ESSAYS FOR ARTISTS & AUTHORS TO READ by Disilgold.com Named 50 of the best health Tweeters Canada - Huffington Post
Nominated for shorty award over last 4 years
Some articles have been used as references in medical research, such as international journal Pharma and Bio science, ISSN 0975-6299.
(1) Effects of an 8-week yoga program on sustained attention and discrimination function in children with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder by Chou CC1, Huang CJ1.(PubMed)
(2) Feasibility and efficacy of yoga as an add-on intervention in attention deficit-hyperactivity disorder: An exploratory study by Hariprasad VR1, Arasappa R, Varambally S, Srinath S, Gangadhar BN.(PubMed)
(3) The effects of yoga on the attention and behavior of boys with Attention-Deficit/ hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) by Jensen PS1, Kenny DT.(PubMed)