Health article writer and researcher; Over 10.000 articles and research papers have been written and published on line, including world wide health, ezine articles, article base, healthblogs, selfgrowth, best before it's news, the karate GB daily, etc.,.
Named TOP 50 MEDICAL ESSAYS FOR ARTISTS & AUTHORS TO READ by Disilgold.com Named 50 of the best health Tweeters Canada - Huffington Post
Nominated for shorty award over last 4 years
Some articles have been used as references in medical research, such as international journal Pharma and Bio science, ISSN 0975-6299.
Immune function is a natural reaction of immune system in protected our body against from foreign substances, cells, and tissues through proper expression of immune response.
Yoga, the ancient technique practice for harmonized external and internal body well beings, through breath control, meditation, bodily movement and gesture..... has been best known for people in Western world and some parts in Asia due to health benefits reported by various respectable institutes' research and supported by health advocates.
In the study to evaluate the effect of yoga on mucosal immune function and mental stress with saliva samples collected from 23 adult women (age: 60.4 ± 10.4 years) before and after 90 minutes of yoga stretching or rest, researchers found that
1. Yoga group expressed a significant higher immunoglobulin A (SIgA)(a subclass of Immunoglobulin A (IgA) plays an important role in the immune function of mucous membranes)
concentration and secretion rate after yoga than before and in compared to control
2. The levels of cortisol( higher levels cortisol caused by stress has a negative effect in immune system) concentration and secretion rate were lower and testosterone(which plays an important role in immune function in reduced risk of autoimmune disease) secretion rate higher after yoga.
Mucosal immune function is a first line of defense of immune system against antigens and infection and in regulated immune over reaction from unharmful sources.
According to general belief, yoga twist, compress and standing posts exercise play an important role in ameliorated alterations in the number of immune cells and cytokine dysregulation through lowering stress hormones production.
Additionally, the exercises also found to improve energy and energy balancing in the body which are necessary for immune system to function properly.
In the concerns of yoga expression in enhanced immune system through numbers of mechanism, researchers at the Daejeon University conducted a study in healthy adults, to highlight the beneficial effects of yoga practice on bio-parameters related to immune expression found that
3. Yoga practice also significantly increased immune-related cytokines, such as interleukin-12, and interferon-γ,....which play an important role in reduced risk of inflammatory and auto immune diseases, including diabetes, atherosclerosis, rheumatic arthritis, and cancer.
4. The levels of plasma levels of adrenalin was reduced and serotonin was increased in yoga group in compared with the control group.
Elevation of plasma levels of adrenalin caused by stress may suppress the immune system and increased levels of serotonin showed a opposite effect in increased killing ability of natural killer (NK) cells.
After taking into account of other co founders, Dr. Lim SA, the led researcher said, "Regular yoga practice remarkably attenuated oxidative stress (caused by imbalance of between the production of free radicals and antioxidants) and improved antioxidant levels of the body. Moreover, yoga beneficially affected stress hormone releases as well as partially improved immune function."
More importantly, in the review on the effects of yoga poses on psychological conditions including anxiety and depression, on pain syndromes, cardiovascular, autoimmune and immune conditions and on pregnancy., Dr. Field T, at the University of Miami School of Medicine, opinionated that yoga intervention induced the less production of cortisol, the hormone has a negative effect on immune system due to stress may indeed have a profound effect in enhanced immune cellular function, particularly in psychological conditions in regulating the autoimmune and immune conditions.
You Can Eliminate Osteoarthritis
By addressing the Underlying Causes through Clinical Trials and Studies
Ovarian Cysts And PCOS Elimination
Holistic System In Existence That Will Show You How To
Permanently Eliminate All Types of Ovarian Cysts Within 2 Months
FOOD HACK for Weight Loss
A Simple Cooking Technique That Cuts The Calories & Glycemic
Impact In Rice, Pasta, And Potatoes In Half
Back to Kyle J. Norton Home page http://kylejnorton.blogspot.ca
(1) Yoga stretching for improving salivary immune function and mental stress in middle-aged and older adults by Eda N1, Ito H2, Shimizu K3, Suzuki S4, Lee E4, Akama T1.(PubMed)
(2) Regular Yoga Practice Improves Antioxidant Status, Immune Function, and Stress Hormone Releases in Young Healthy People: A Randomized, Double-Blind, Controlled Pilot Study by Lim SA1, Cheong KJ1.(PubMed)
(3) Yoga clinical research review by Field T1.(PubMed)