Health article writer and researcher; Over 10.000 articles and research papers have been written and published on line, including world wide health, ezine articles, article base, healthblogs, selfgrowth, best before it's news, the karate GB daily, etc.,.
Named TOP 50 MEDICAL ESSAYS FOR ARTISTS & AUTHORS TO READ by Disilgold.com Named 50 of the best health Tweeters Canada - Huffington Post
Nominated for shorty award over last 4 years
Some articles have been used as references in medical research, such as international journal Pharma and Bio science, ISSN 0975-6299.
Yoga as an integrated form of exercise may have a profound and positive effect in reduced risk and treatment of irritable bowel syndrome(IBS), epidemiological studies suggested.
Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) is a disease affecting the large intestine, including symptoms of cramping, abdominal pain, bloating, gas, and diarrhea or constipation.
In a randomized controlled trials to compare the efficacy of yoga with usual care, nonpharmacologic, or pharmacologic interventions for patients with IBS through reviewing literature published on databases of MEDLINE/Pubmed, Scopus, the Cochrane Library, CAM-QUEST, CAMbase, and IndMED up to November 2015, after selected studies satisfied the criteria and guidelines, researcher filed the following results
1. Yoga participants expressed a significantly beneficial effect over conventional treatment in IBS,
2. Yoga intervention demonstrated a significantly decreased bowel symptoms, IBS severity, and anxiety.
3. Yoga group displayed an improved quality of life and physical functioning in compared to other treatment groups.
4. Yoga group also showed a little or no adverse effects in the selected studies
Conventional treatment of most common pharmacological approaches is to manage symptom of pain and digestive disorders due to significant side effects induced by prescribed medications.
Dr. Schumann D, the led authors said, " The findings of this systematic review suggest that yoga might be a feasible and safe adjunctive treatment for people with IBS". However, after taking into account of other con founders, he continued, " no recommendation can be made regarding yoga as a routine intervention for patients with IBS because of major flaws in study methods".
1. Yoga group showed a significant improvement of improved physical functioning
2. I compared to control, yoga participants also reported significantly improved IBS symptoms, global improvement, disability, psychological distress, sleep quality, and fatigue
3. 46% of YA reported a minimally clinically significant reduction in pain
4. At the end of the intervention, YA group in postlesson also reported a reduction of worst pain, constipation, and nausea.
After taking into account of other confounders, Dr. Evans S, the led author indicated, "The findings suggest that a brief IY intervention is a feasible and safe adjunctive treatment for young people with IBS, leading to benefits in a number of IBS-specific and general functioning domains for YA" and "yoga interventions may be most fruitful when developmentally tailored".
Further studied illustration of 35 adult participants meeting ROME III criteria for IBS enrolled, 27 of the 35 participants (77%) completed treatment and pre- and post-treatment visits (89% women, 11% men; M (SD) age = 36 (13)), and 20 of the 27 (74%) randomly assigned to 16 biweekly group sessions of Iyengar yoga or a walking program and 6-month follow-up, found that
1. Yoga group showed an improvement from pre- to post-treatment when compared to control
2. Yoga group from pre- to post-treatment, also demonstrated significant decreases in IBS severity measures, visceral sensitivity and severity of somatic symptoms in compared to walking group.
In fact, the efficacy of yoga in reduced symptoms of IBS can be attributed to the mediating effects of visceral sensitivity, increased psychospiritual resources, regulated autonomic nervous system responses and regulated hormonal stress response assessed via salivary cortisol, according to the University of California.
You Can Eliminate Osteoarthritis
By addressing the Underlying Causes through Clinical Trials and Studies
Ovarian Cysts And PCOS Elimination
Holistic System In Existence That Will Show You How To
Permanently Eliminate All Types of Ovarian Cysts Within 2 Months
FOOD HACK for Weight Loss
A Simple Cooking Technique That Cuts The Calories & Glycemic
Impact In Rice, Pasta, And Potatoes In Half
Back to Kyle J. Norton Home page http://kylejnorton.blogspot.ca
(1) Effect of Yoga in the Therapy of Irritable Bowel Syndrome: A Systematic Review by Schumann D1, Anheyer D2, Lauche R3, Dobos G2, Langhorst J2, Cramer H3.(PubMed)
(2) Iyengar yoga for adolescents and young adults with irritable bowel syndrome by Evans S1, Lung KC, Seidman LC, Sternlieb B, Zeltzer LK, Tsao JC.(PubMed)
(3) Self-regulation evaluation of therapeutic yoga and walking for patients with irritable bowel syndrome: a pilot study by Shahabi L1, Naliboff BD1, Shapiro D2(PubMed)
(4) Management of irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) in adults: conventional and complementary/alternative approaches by Yoon SL1, Grundmann O, Koepp L, Farrell L.(PubMed)