Yoga intervention may be used as integrated form of exercise in reduced symptoms and treatment in patients of osteoarthritis, the renowned study suggested.
Osteoarthritis (OA), a form of arthritis, is a condition of aging causes of wear and tear on a joint, affecting over 25 million people in the United States.
Yoga, the ancient technique practice for harmonized external and internal body well being, through breath control, meditation, bodily movement and gesture..... has been well known for people in Western world and some parts in Asia due to health benefits reported by various respectable institutes' research and supported by health advocates.
In a study of total of 36 participants (mean age 72 years) randomly assigned to 8-week yoga program involving group and home-based sessions or wait-list control, researchers filed the following resultos in compared to control
1. At 8 weeks of the class, yoga participants expressed a significant improvement of pain (adjusted PPB (repeated chair stands)
2. According to the McMaster Universities Osteoarthritis Index, from 4 to 20 weeks, yoga group showed a reduced total score of pain but improved physical function.
3. Yoga group also experienced in improved sleep disturbance
4. There were change of BMI and QOL in the group.
1. Yoga group demonstrated a significant improvement in pain interference during the intervention
2. Yoga group also experienced a greater reduced pain and and fatigue, improved gait speed during the intervention
3. There were no significant improvement sustained post intervention, particularly in balance.
Dr. Park J, the led author said, " An 8-week chair yoga program was associated with reduction in pain, pain interference, and fatigue, and improvement in gait speed, but only the effects on pain interference were sustained 3 months post intervention".
You Can Eliminate Osteoarthritis
By addressing the Underlying Causes through Clinical Trials and Studies
Ovarian Cysts And PCOS Elimination
Holistic System In Existence That Will Show You How To
Permanently Eliminate All Types of Ovarian Cysts Within 2 Months
FOOD HACK for Weight Loss
A Simple Cooking Technique That Cuts The Calories & Glycemic
Impact In Rice, Pasta, And Potatoes In Half
Back to Kyle J. Norton Home page http://kylejnorton.blogspot.ca
Kyle J. Norton (Scholar, Master of Nutrients, All right reserved)
Health article writer and researcher; Over 10.000 articles and research papers have been written and published on line, including world wide health, ezine articles, article base, healthblogs, selfgrowth, best before it's news, the karate GB daily, etc.,.
Named TOP 50 MEDICAL ESSAYS FOR ARTISTS & AUTHORS TO READ by Disilgold.com Named 50 of the best health Tweeters Canada - Huffington Post
Nominated for shorty award over last 4 years
Some articles have been used as references in medical research, such as international journal Pharma and Bio science, ISSN 0975-6299.
(1) Yoga for managing knee osteoarthritis in older women: a pilot randomized controlled trial by Cheung C1, Wyman JF, Resnick B, Savik K.(PubMed)
(2) The effect of Sit 'n' Fit Chair Yoga among community-dwelling older adults with osteoarthritis by Park J1, McCaffrey R, Newman D, Cheung C, Hagen D.(PubMed)
(3) A Pilot Randomized Controlled Trial of the Effects of Chair Yoga on Pain and Physical Function Among Community-Dwelling Older Adults With Lower Extremity Osteoarthritis by Park J1, McCaffrey R2, Newman D3, Liehr P3, Ouslander JG4.(PubMed)