Health article writer and researcher; Over 10.000 articles and research papers have been written and published on line, including world wide health, ezine articles, article base, healthblogs, selfgrowth, best before it's news, the karate GB daily, etc.,.
Named TOP 50 MEDICAL ESSAYS FOR ARTISTS & AUTHORS TO READ by Disilgold.com Named 50 of the best health Tweeters Canada - Huffington Post
Nominated for shorty award over last 4 years
Some articles have been used as references in medical research, such as international journal Pharma and Bio science, ISSN 0975-6299.
Yoga respiratory exercises consisted of rapid forced expirations followed by inspiration through the right nostril, inspiratory apnoea with generation of intrathoracic negative pressure, and expiration through the left nostril may have a strong and positive effect in enhanced pulmonary function, some institute studies suggested.
Yoga, the ancient practice for harmonized external and internal body well beings, through breath control, meditation, bodily movement and gesture..... has been best known for people in Western world and some parts in Asia due to health benefits reported by various respectable institutes' research and supported by health advocates..
In a review of literature published on the database from Alternative Health Watch, the Physical Education Index, Medline,(®) and the SPORTdiscus to investigate the effect of yoga in increased lung function of healthy individuals, researchers found that most studies expressed an over all improvement of yoga intervention in lung function measured by maximum inspiratory pressure, maximum expiratory pressure, maximum voluntary ventilation, forced vital capacity, forced expiratory volume in 1 second, and peak expiratory flow rate.
Maximum inspiratory pressure is a marker of respiratory muscle function and strength generated against an occluded airway beginning at the volume of air present in the lungs at the end of passive expiration.
Maximum voluntary ventilation (MVV) is a measure of maximum of air inhaled and exhaled within one minute.
After taking into account of other con founders, researchers emphasized
1. The positive effect of lung function can only be achieve with yoga class offered at least 10 weeks practicing yoga breathing exercises.
2. Interestingly enough, less-fit individuals showed a greater improvements in pulmonary functioning compared to healthy individuals
3. Greater achievement also depended in length of yoga engagement
Other researchers in support of yoga exercise in improved lung function also conducted a prospective open-label study of patients with a confirmed diagnosis of Duchenne muscular dystrophy (DMD), recruited from among those followed at the neurology outpatient clinic of a university hospital in the city of São Paulo, Brazil. randomized assigned to breathing exercises three times a day for 10 months, found that in 26 completed the study, yoga breathing exercises resulted in a significant increase in airway resistance in (FVC) and first measurement of Forced Expiratory Volume (FEV1).
Airway resistance in rate of (FEV1/FVC) measured by spirometry is much lower in patients with pulmonary disease in compared to healthy individuals.
More importantly, in the study to compare pulmonary functions and diffusion capacity in patients of bronchial asthma before and after yogic intervention of 2 months with 60 stable asthmatic-patients randomized into two groups i.e group 1 (Yoga training group, n=30) and group 2 (control group, n=30), researchers after taking into account of other con founders filed the following results
1. Yoga group showed a significant effect in over all lung function improvement, according to the assays in Transfer factor of the lung for carbon monoxide (TLCO), forced vital capacity (FVC), forced expiratory volume in 1st sec (FEV1), peak expiratory flow rate (PEFR), maximum voluntary ventilation (MVV) and slow vital capacity (SVC) in compared to control
2. Yoga participated group also improved quality of life
You Can Eliminate Osteoarthritis
By addressing the Underlying Causes through Clinical Trials and Studies
Ovarian Cysts And PCOS Elimination
Holistic System In Existence That Will Show You How To
Permanently Eliminate All Types of Ovarian Cysts Within 2 Months
FOOD HACK for Weight Loss
A Simple Cooking Technique That Cuts The Calories & Glycemic
Impact In Rice, Pasta, And Potatoes In Half
Back to Kyle J. Norton Home page http://kylejnorton.blogspot.c
(1) The effects of regular yoga practice on pulmonary function in healthy individuals: a literature review by Abel AN1, Lloyd LK, Williams JS.(PubMed)
(2) Effects of yoga breathing exercises on pulmonary function in patients with Duchenne muscular dystrophy: an exploratory analysis.[Article in English, Portuguese] by Rodrigues MR1, Carvalho C R1, Santaella DF1, Lorenzi-Filho G1, Marie SK1.(PubMed)
(3) Effect of yoga practices on pulmonary function tests including transfer factor of lung for carbon monoxide (TLCO) in asthma patients by Singh S1, Soni R, Singh KP, Tandon OP.(PubMed)
(4) Yoga respiratory training improves respiratory function and cardiacsympathovagal balance in elderly subjects: a randomised controlled trial by Santaella DF1, Devesa CR, Rojo MR, Amato MB, Drager LF, Casali KR, Montano N, Lorenzi-Filho G.(PubMed)