Yoga therapy may have a therapeutic effect in reduced symptoms and improved quality of life in patient with multiple sclerosis.
Multiple sclerosis is a chronic condition of progressive disease affecting sheaths of nerve cells in the brain and spinal cord, with declining physical, emotional, and psychological symptoms such as numbness, impairment of speech and of muscular coordination, blurred vision, ........
Yoga, the ancient technique practice for harmonized external and internal body well being, through breath control, meditation, bodily movement and gesture..... has been well known for people in Western world and some parts in Asia due to health benefits reported by various respectable institutes' research and supported by health advocates.
According to the study conducted by the Oregon State University, yoga practice may be used as an integrated form of treatment and management of symptoms of MS.
1. Women participated in yoga training and exercises for 3 months, expressed a significant statistical difference in physical activity
2. Sexual satisfaction levels
3. Women in yoga group displayed improvement in physical ability.
Contrastively, in the searching of database from Medline/PubMed, Scopus, the Cochrane Central Register of Controlled Trials, PsycINFO, CAM-Quest, CAMbase, and IndMED through March 2014, for studies involved the efficacy and safety of yoga in patients with multiple sclerosis including health-related quality of life, fatigue, and/or mobility with mood, cognitive function, and safety were defined as secondary outcome measures, researchers at the University of Duisburg-Essen reported the following result, in 7 studies met the criteria and guidelines
1. Patients participated in yoga class short terms demonstrated a significantly improved effect in fatigue and mood change.
2. Short term yoga innervation do not improved health-related quality of life, muscle function, or cognitive function
3. Yoga therapy is safe and was not associated with serious adverse event in this group of patients
After taking into account of other risk factors, Dr. Cramer H, the led author said, " since no methodological sound evidence was found, no recommendation can be made regarding yoga as a routine intervention for patients with multiple sclerosis. Yoga might be considered a treatment option for patients who are not adherent to recommended exercise regimens".
You Can Eliminate Osteoarthritis
By addressing the Underlying Causes through Clinical Trials and Studies
Ovarian Cysts And PCOS Elimination
Holistic System In Existence That Will Show You How To
Permanently Eliminate All Types of Ovarian Cysts Within 2 Months
FOOD HACK for Weight Loss
A Simple Cooking Technique That Cuts The Calories & Glycemic
Impact In Rice, Pasta, And Potatoes In Half
Back to Kyle J. Norton Home page http://kylejnorton.blogspot.ca
Kyle J. Norton (Scholar, Master of Nutrients, All right reserved)
Health article writer and researcher; Over 10.000 articles and research papers have been written and published on line, including world wide health, ezine articles, article base, healthblogs, selfgrowth, best before it's news, the karate GB daily, etc.,.
Named TOP 50 MEDICAL ESSAYS FOR ARTISTS & AUTHORS TO READ by Disilgold.com Named 50 of the best health Tweeters Canada - Huffington Post
Nominated for shorty award over last 4 years
Some articles have been used as references in medical research, such as international journal Pharma and Bio science, ISSN 0975-6299.
(1) Yoga effects on physical activity and sexual satisfaction among the Iranian women with multiple sclerosis: a randomized controlled trial by Najafidoulatabad S1, Mohebbi Z2, Nooryan K3.(PubMed)
(2) Therapeutic Yoga: Symptom Management for Multiple Sclerosis by Rogers KA1, MacDonald M1.(PubMed)
(3) Yoga for multiple sclerosis: a systematic review and meta-analysis by Cramer H1, Lauche R1, Azizi H2, Dobos G1, Langhorst J1.(PubMed)