Yoga may be considered as an adjunct therapy combined with standard treatment for lower risk and treatment of eating disorders (EDs), a review study suggested.
Eating Disorders are a group of abnormal eating habits associated to a person preoccupation weight, involving either insufficient or excessive food intake.
Yoga therapy is an ancient practical technique of India, included breath control, meditation, bodily movement and gesture,..... with an aim to achieve harmonization of the body, mind, and spirit.
In a systematic review literature used yoga for preventing and treating EDs with selection of 14 articles satisfied the guidelines, researchers found that most yoga practitioners indicated a decreased risk for eating disorder but symptoms were reduced or unchanged after yoga interventions.
2. Both groups maintained current BMI levels and decreased in anxiety and depression over time.
1. Yoga lesson was a low cost treatment program
2. Yoga may offer promise for the field of eating disorders, including
* Eating disorder prevention can be integrated into ongoing yoga classes
* Yoga can be integrated into eating disorder prevention program with patients already in standard care
Dr. Neumark-Sztainer D said, "Regarding treatment, it is important to examine the effectiveness of different teaching styles and practices for different eating disorders".
You Can Eliminate Osteoarthritis
By addressing the Underlying Causes through Clinical Trials and Studies
Ovarian Cysts And PCOS Elimination
Holistic System In Existence That Will Show You How To
Permanently Eliminate All Types of Ovarian Cysts Within 2 Months
FOOD HACK for Weight Loss
A Simple Cooking Technique That Cuts The Calories & Glycemic
Impact In Rice, Pasta, And Potatoes In Half
Back to Kyle J. Norton Home page http://kylejnorton.blogspot.ca
Kyle J. Norton (Scholar, Master of Nutrients, All right reserved)
Health article writer and researcher; Over 10.000 articles and research papers have been written and published on line, including world wide health, ezine articles, article base, healthblogs, selfgrowth, best before it's news, the karate GB daily, etc.,.
Named TOP 50 MEDICAL ESSAYS FOR ARTISTS & AUTHORS TO READ by Disilgold.com Named 50 of the best health Tweeters Canada - Huffington Post
Nominated for shorty award over last 4 years
Some articles have been used as references in medical research, such as international journal Pharma and Bio science, ISSN 0975-6299.
(1) The effects of yoga on eating disorder symptoms and correlates: a review BY Klein J1, Cook-Cottone C.(PubMed)
(2) Randomized controlled clinical trial of yoga in the treatment of eating disorders by Carei TR1, Fyfe-Johnson AL, Breuner CC, Brown MA.(PubMed)
(3) Yoga and eating disorders: is there a place for yoga in the prevention and treatment of eating disorders and disordered eating behaviours? by Neumark-Sztainer D1(PubMed)