Dried peas water soluble fibers may be used as functional food in reduced risk of cardiovascular disease, the recent study suggested.
According to the recommendation by FDA, consumption o fdietary fibers, beta-glucan (0.75 g/serving) and psyllium (1.78 g/serving) found in legume and other sources 4 servings/d may have a substantial effect in reduced cardiovascular disease risk.
Dried pea is a small but nutritionally mighty member of the legume family, genus Pisum belongings to the family Fabaceae with healthy source of proteins, fibers including beta-glucan and psyllium, vitamins and minerals.
In the study of 68 hyperlipidemic adults consumed a test (high-fiber) and a control low-fat (25% of energy), low-cholesterol (<150 mg/d) diet for 1 mo each in a randomized crossover study with high-fiber diet included 4 servings/d of foods containing beta-glucan or psyllium that delivered 8 g/d more soluble fiber than did similar with unsupplemented foods in the control diet, researchers after adjusting to other risk factors showed that risk of cardiovascular disease reduced significantly through lower all aspects of bad cholesterol and increased levels of HDL cholesterol.
Dr. Jenkins DJ, the led author said, "Although relatively small in terms of patient treatment, the reduction in cardiovascular disease risk is likely to be significant on a population basis".
1. There were no motility risk during the caused of study
2. Intake of water soluble fibers showed a significant effect on total cholesterol levels (17 trials (20 comparisons), and LDL cholesterol levels (mean difference -0.14 mmol/L, 95% CI -0.22 to -0.06)
3. Increased water fiber intake showed a small but statistically significant decrease rather than increase in HDL levels
4. There was insignificant effect on triglyceride levels
5 10 trials with 661 participants randomised reported a significant effect of increased fibre consumption on diastolic blood pressure but statistical significance in reduction of systolic blood pressure
6. Dietary water fibers injected demonstrated a mild to moderate gastrointestinal side-effects in compared to the control groups.
You Can Eliminate Osteoarthritis
By addressing the Underlying Causes through Clinical Trials and Studies
Ovarian Cysts And PCOS Elimination
Holistic System In Existence That Will Show You How To
Permanently Eliminate All Types of Ovarian Cysts Within 2 Months
FOOD HACK for Weight Loss
A Simple Cooking Technique That Cuts The Calories & Glycemic
Impact In Rice, Pasta, And Potatoes In Half
Back to Kyle J. Norton Home page http://kylejnorton.blogspot.ca
Kyle J. Norton(Scholar, Master of Nutrients), all right reserved.
Health article writer and researcher; Over 10.000 articles and research papers have been written and published on line, including world wide health, ezine articles, article base, healthblogs, selfgrowth, best before it's news, the karate GB daily, etc.,.
Named TOP 50 MEDICAL ESSAYS FOR ARTISTS & AUTHORS TO READ by Disilgold.com Named 50 of the best health Tweeters Canada - Huffington Post
Nominated for shorty award over last 4 years
Some articles have been used as references in medical research, such as international journal Pharma and Bio science, ISSN 0975-6299.
(1) Soluble fiber intake at a dose approved by the US Food and Drug Administration for a claim of health benefits: serum lipid risk factors for cardiovascular disease assessed in a randomized controlled crossover trial by Jenkins DJ1, Kendall CW, Vuksan V, Vidgen E, Parker T, Faulkner D, Mehling CC, Garsetti M, Testolin G, Cunnane SC, Ryan MA, Corey PN.(PubMed)
(2) Dietary fibre for the primary prevention of cardiovascular disease by Hartley L1, May MD, Loveman E, Colquitt JL, Rees K.(PubMed)