Whole food ingredients in herbal plant have been found to process some significant effects in reduced risk and treatment of various diseases, but single ingredient isolated from such plants may induce opposite responses.
Thyroid cancer is a chronic condition of irregular cell growth in the thyroid gland.
Coffee, a popular and social beverage all over the world, particularly in the West, is a drink made from roast bean from the Coffea plant, native to tropical Africa and Madagascar.
In the review of database from Published studies in PubMed, Embase, Cochrane Central, and the reference lists of the retrieved articles to evaluate the association between coffee consumption and the risk of thyroid cancer, researchers at the joint study lead by the Chosun University, filed the following results.
1. In a total of 1039 thyroid cancer cases and 220,816 controls were identified from five case-control studies and two cohort studies, the relative risk ratio of cancer incidence was was 0.88 in compared to base line.
2. Risk of thyroid cancer was reduced significantly only in hospital-based case-control studies.
Furthermore, in the pool sample consisted of 2725 thyroid cancer cases (2247 females, 478 males) and 4776 controls (3699 females, 1077 males), through intensive analysis of 14 case-control studies conducted in the United States, Europe, and Asia suggested that risk of thyroid cancer is not associated to coffee consumption, independent to gender difference.
Dr. Linos A, the lead author said, " The mechanism by which coffee consumption may play a protective role against development of benign or malignant thyroid neoplasms may be the stimulatory effect of caffeine on the intracellular cyclic AMP production, which is known to inhibit cell growth".
Taking altogether, the contradict results may warrant a large sample size and cohost studies before researchers can make a decision between coffee and coffee caffeine intake and risk of thyroid cancer.
You Can Eliminate Osteoarthritis
By addressing the Underlying Causes through Clinical Trials and Studies
Ovarian Cysts And PCOS Elimination
Holistic System In Existence That Will Show You How To
Permanently Eliminate All Types of Ovarian Cysts Within 2 Months
FOOD HACK for Weight Loss
A Simple Cooking Technique That Cuts The Calories & Glycemic
Impact In Rice, Pasta, And Potatoes In Half
Kyle J. Norton, Master of Nutrients
Health article writer and researcher; Over 10.000 articles and research papers have been written and published on line, including world wide health, ezine articles, article base, healthblogs, selfgrowth, best before it's news, the karate GB daily, etc.,.
Named TOP 50 MEDICAL ESSAYS FOR ARTISTS & AUTHORS TO READ by Disilgold.com Named 50 of the best health Tweeters Canada - Huffington Post
Nominated for shorty award over last 4 years
Some articles have been used as references in medical research, such as international journal Pharma and Bio science, ISSN 0975-6299.
(1) Coffee Consumption and the Risk of Thyroid Cancer: A Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis by Han MA1, Kim JH2.(PubMed)
(2) Green tea and coffee consumption and its association with thyroid cancer risk: a population-based cohort study in Japan by Michikawa T1, Inoue M, Shimazu T, Sasazuki S, Iwasaki M, Sawada N, Yamaji T, Tsugane S.(PubMed)
(3) A pooled analysis of case-control studies of thyroid cancer: cigarette smoking and consumption of alcohol, coffee, and tea by Mack WJ1, Preston-Martin S, Dal Maso L, Galanti R, Xiang M, Franceschi S, Hallquist A, Jin F, Kolonel L, La Vecchia C, Levi F, Linos A, Lund E, McTiernan A, Mabuchi K, Negri E, Wingren G, Ron E.(PubMed)
(4) Does coffee consumption protect against thyroid disease? by Linos A1, Linos DA, Vgotza N, Souvatzoglou A, Koutras DA.(PubMed)