Whole food ingredients in herbal plant have been found to process some significant effects in reduced risk and treatment of certain diseases, but single ingredient isolated from such plants may induce opposite responses.
Epidemiological studies linking coffee intake in risk of Gastro-esophageal reflux disease have been inconsistent and contradictory.
Coffee, a popular and social beverage all over the world, particular in the West, is a drink made from roasted bean from the Coffea plant, native to tropical Africa and Madagascar.
Gastro-esophageal reflux disease is a digestive disorder, affected ring of muscle between the esophagus and stomach, inducing symptoms of heartburn or acid indigestion.
1. A meta-analysis showed that intake of coffee exerted no significantly associated risk of GERD.
2. Only the endoscopy group showed a significantly higher odds ratio risk induced by coffee in compared to other subgroups.
But after accounting to other risk factors, such as amount of coffee intake, quality of study, and assessment of exposure researchers found that coffee intake do not associate to increased risk of GERD.
Other, in the study to investigate the association of habits and social conditions reported lead to reflux in the employees of hospital, researchers indicated that even with the the prevalence rate of 21.7% of GERD incidence in this group of participants, intake of coffee daily and regularly showed no effect in increased risk GERD, regardless to amount of coffee intake per day.
Contrast to the above studies, the Korean prospective study of recruited subjects with GERD visited a health promotion center for upper gastrointestinal cancer surveillance at Hallym Medical Center (five institutions) between January 2008 and February 2009, researchers reported that
1. Coffee intake showed a significant correlation to independent risk of GERD in young and adults groups
2. and Coffee intake was considered as a major risk factor in elderly group.
You Can Eliminate Osteoarthritis
By addressing the Underlying Causes through Clinical Trials and Studies
Ovarian Cysts And PCOS Elimination
Holistic System In Existence That Will Show You How To
Permanently Eliminate All Types of Ovarian Cysts Within 2 Months
FOOD HACK for Weight Loss
A Simple Cooking Technique That Cuts The Calories & Glycemic
Impact In Rice, Pasta, And Potatoes In Half
Kyle J. Norton, Master of Nutrients
Health article writer and researcher; Over 10.000 articles and research papers have been written and published on line, including world wide health, ezine articles, article base, healthblogs, selfgrowth, best before it's news, the karate GB daily, etc.,.
Named TOP 50 MEDICAL ESSAYS FOR ARTISTS & AUTHORS TO READ by Disilgold.com Named 50 of the best health Tweeters Canada - Huffington Post
Nominated for shorty award over last 4 years
Some articles have been used as references in medical research, such as international journal Pharma and Bio science, ISSN 0975-6299.
(1) Association between coffee intake and gastroesophageal reflux disease: a meta-analysis by Kim J1, Oh SW, Myung SK, Kwon H, Lee C, Yun JM, Lee HK; Korean Meta-analysis (KORMA) Study Group.(PubMed)
(2) The prevalence of gastroesophageal reflux disease among hospital employees by Ercelep OB1, Caglar E, Dobrucali A.(PubMed)
(3) Differences in the risk factors of reflux esophagitis according to age in Korea by Park CH1, Kim KO, Baek IH, Choi MH, Jang HJ, Kae SH, Kim JB, Baik GH, Shin WG, Kim KH, Kim HY.(PubMed)