Yoga therapy may be considered as a secondary intervention combined with standard application in improved labor pain and delivery outcome and reduced risk of pregnancy complication.
Yoga, the accident technique practice for harmonized external and internal body well being, through breath control, meditation, bodily movement and gesture..... has been well known for people in Western world and some parts in Asia due to health benefits reported by various respectable institutes and supported by health advocates.
In a randomized control trial conducted with sixty primiparous women, aged 18-35 years old, randomly assigned to either an antenatal yoga program consisted of a 1-h supervised yoga class, three times a weekly, starting at 26 weeks gestation or control groups, researchers after taking into account of risk factors found that at the delivery stage
1. Yoga group experienced less intensive pain, and at 2 h after the first and the second measurements in compared to control
2. Natural delivery was found more in the yoga intervention group in compared to more percentage of cesarean section in control
3. Yoga group also demonstrated decreased frequency of labor induction
4. And a shorter duration of the second and third stages of labor
1. Yoga group expressed higher levels of maternal comfort during labor and 2h post-labor and
2. Less labor pain
3. Although both groups experienced same pain increased and maternal comfort at the beginning, yoga group showed a decreased pain and discomfort as labor progressed
4. Lastly, women in yoga class had a shorter duration of the first stage of labor and total time of labor.
More importantly, In a total of 335 women between 18 and 20 weeks of pregnancy, attending the antenatal clinic at Gunasheela Surgical and Maternity Hospital in Bangalore, India, enrolled in a prospective, matched, observational study with 169 women in the yoga group and 166 women in the control group, researchers emphasized that women participated in yoga lesson illustrated less complications such as preterm labor, isolated intrauterine growth retardation growth retardation and pregnancy-induced hypertension at the day of delivery in comparison to those in control.
You Can Eliminate Osteoarthritis
By addressing the Underlying Causes through Clinical Trials and Studies
Ovarian Cysts And PCOS Elimination
Holistic System In Existence That Will Show You How To
Permanently Eliminate All Types of Ovarian Cysts Within 2 Months
FOOD HACK for Weight Loss
A Simple Cooking Technique That Cuts The Calories & Glycemic
Impact In Rice, Pasta, And Potatoes In Half
Back to Kyle J. Norton Home page http://kylejnorton.blogspot.ca
Kyle J. Norton (Scholar, Master of Nutrients, All right reserved)
Health article writer and researcher; Over 10.000 articles and research papers have been written and published on line, including world wide health, ezine articles, article base, healthblogs, selfgrowth, best before it's news, the karate GB daily, etc.,.
Named TOP 50 MEDICAL ESSAYS FOR ARTISTS & AUTHORS TO READ by Disilgold.com Named 50 of the best health Tweeters Canada - Huffington Post
Nominated for shorty award over last 4 years
Some articles have been used as references in medical research, such as international journal Pharma and Bio science, ISSN 0975-6299.
(1) Yoga during pregnancy: The effects on labor pain and delivery outcomes (A randomized controlled trial). by Jahdi F1, Sheikhan F2, Haghani H3, Sharifi B4, Ghaseminejad A5, Khodarahmian M6, Rouhana N7.(PubMed)
(2) Yoga during pregnancy: effects on maternal comfort, labor pain and birth outcomes. by Chuntharapat S1, Petpichetchian W, Hatthakit U.(PubMed)
(3) Efficacy of yoga on pregnancy outcome by Narendran S1, Nagarathna R, Narendran V, Gunasheela S, Nagendra HR.(PubMed)