Beside the main ingredient andrographolides, giving the plant a bitter taste, other ingredients includediterpene lactones, such as: neoandrographolide, andrographiside, 14-doexy-11, 12-didehydro andrographolide, etc., flavonoinds viz., oroxylin, wogonin, andrographidines A, B, C, D, E, F.
Andrographolide, a chief component of the leaves of Andrographis paniculata has been found to be gastroprotective effects as its antioxidants and mucin levels were significantly maintained in the gastric tissue of drug-pretreated animals with toxic effects in normal rats. hydroalcoholic extract of Andrographis paniculata (HAEAP), another chemical compound of Andrographis, has also exerted its overprotective effect by regulating effect on H(+)K(+)ATPase activity and /or mucin preserving effects and flavonoids presence in maintaining the antioxidants and thiol status in the gastrointestinal tract.
In some other studies pretreatment with ethonolic extract of A. paniculata ethanolic provided significant protection against gastric ulcer by regulating of pH, mucous production and antioxidant property.
Dry leaf powder of A. paniculata increases the risk accumulating of glycogen and cholesterol in the testis, and increased activities of lactate dehydrogenase in testis and alkaline phosphatase in testis and ventral prostate, thus reducing the risk of fertility.
2. People with gallbladder disease may want to consult with their doctor before using because of the herb stimulating gallbladder contraction effect.
Chinese Secrets To Fatty Liver And Obesity Reversal
Use The Revolutionary Findings To Achieve
Optimal Health And Loose Weight
Ovarian Cysts And PCOS Elimination
Back to Women health http://kylejnorton.blogspot.ca/p/women-health.html
(1) A biochemical study on the gastroprotective effect of andrographolide in rats induced with gastric ulcer. by Saranya P, Geetha A, Selvamathy SM.(PubMed)
(2) A biochemical study on the gastroprotective effect of hydroalcoholic extract of Andrographis paniculata in rats. by Panneerselvam S, Arumugam G.(PubMed)
(3) Antioxidant and gastroprotective activities of Andrographis paniculata (Hempedu Bumi) in Sprague Dawley rats. by Wasman SQ, Mahmood AA, Chua LS, Alshawsh MA, Hamdan S.(PubMed)
(4) Antifertility effect of Andrographis paniculata (Nees) in male albino rat" by Akbarsha MA, Manivannan B, Hamid KS, Vijayan B., posted in (PubMed)