- @General Health
- @Children Health
- #Women #Health
- My List of Super Foods
- @Phytochemicals In Foods
- Men Health
- Vitamin Therapy
- @Most common Types of Cancer
- Most Common Diseases of Elders
- @Obesity's complications and Weight Loss
- @Healthy Foods Index
- @Popular Chinese Herbs
- Phytochemicals - Cancers and Diseases
- @Popular Herbs
- Dietary Minerals
- Researched Essays Through Holistic Clinical Trials and Studies
- Food Therapies
- Herbal Therapies
- Phytochemical therapy
- Alternative Therapy(Yoga, Anti Aging and Regular Walking)
- Tons of Recipes
Natural Medicine for Fatty Liver And Obesity Reversal
Tuesday, 7 January 2014
Food Therapy - Beet (Beta vulgaris) and Cancers
Beet is best known as the beetroot or garden beet and belong to the amaranth family. It is a perennial plant with leafy stems growing to 1–2 m tall.
Cancer is a class of diseases in which a group of cells growing and multiplying disordered and uncontrollable way in our body, have become progressively worse and damaged other healthy tissues, sometimes spreads to other organs in the body via lymph or blood and results may be in death.
Food intake can help to prevent and treat cancers.
Nutrients and chemical Constituents
5. Vitamin A
8. Thiamine (Vitamin B1)
9. Riboflavin (Vitamin B2)
10. Niacin (Vitamin B3)
11. Pantothenic acid (Vitamin B5)
12. Vitamin B6
13. Folate (Vitamin B9)
14. Vitamin C
Beside the major chemical constituents betalains and phenolics, it also contains lesser amount of isobetanin, probetanin, neobetanin, indicaxanthin, vulgaxanthins, etc.
Red beetroot (Beta vulgaris L.) extract (B), approved to be used as coloring by the FDA, and anticancer drug doxorubicin (D), when are tested for cytotoxic effects against the three cancer cells, showed both exerted the positive effects but the synergistic cytotoxicity was best when the B:D ratio of 1:5 was used in pancreatic (PaCa) cells at IC50, IC75 and IC90 dose levels and in breast (MCF-7) cells at IC90 dose level. Other in the study in the same comparison of the anti cancers effect of doxorubicin and the beetroot extract, both are found to exhibit a dose-dependent cytotoxic effect in the two cancer cell lines tested. Although the cytotoxicity of the beetroot extract was significantly lower when compared to doxorubicin in human prostate (PC-3), and breast (MCF-7) and cancer cell lines.
1. Oxalates Oxalates in the beet can cause kidney and gallbadder problem. People with above diseases should contact their doctor before consuming.
2. Increase the rick of lowering calcium absorption for people with weak digestive system.
Chinese Secrets To Fatty Liver And Obesity Reversal
Use The Revolutionary Findings To Achieve
Optimal Health And Loose Weight
Ovarian Cysts And PCOS Elimination
Back to Herbal Therapy http://kylejnorton.blogspot.ca/p/herbal-therapies.html
(1) Synergistic cytotoxicity of red beetroot (Beta vulgaris L.) extract with doxorubicin in human pancreatic, breast and prostate cancer cell lines by Kapadia GJ, Rao GS, Ramachandran C, Iida A, Suzuki N, Tokuda H.((PubMed)
(2) Cytotoxic effect of the red beetroot (Beta vulgaris L.) extract compared to doxorubicin (Adriamycin) in the human prostate (PC-3) and breast (MCF-7) cancer cell lines by Kapadia GJ, Azuine MA, Rao GS, Arai T, Iida A, Tokuda H. (PubMed)