Tartaric acid, an organic phytochemical may process a significant effect in improving the digestive function in the absorption of nutrients and fluids from foods intake, some scientists found.
Phytochemicals, the natural chemical constituent, protect the plants against diseases and form their outer's color.
In human, the digestive system consists of a set of accessory organs of digestion and the gastrointestinal tract, involving in the breakdown of food into smaller and smaller components, until they can be absorbed and assimilated into the body.
Tartaric acid is a phytochemical of the organic acid found abundantly in nuts, apricots, apples, sunflower, avocado, grapes, etc.
In the study to examine the effects of D-tartaric acid (TA) on intestinal drug absorption under both in situ and in vitro experimental conditions, researchers found that
* TA improved paracellular drug transport by changes the integrity of the epithelial tight junctions in rat colon at low pH conditions.
* TA (20 mM) also increased the absorption of daunorubicin in the ileum, but TA (20 mM) did not change the expression level of P-glycoprotein (P-gp) which processes a function in pumping foreign substances out of cells.
* TA (20 mM) significantly inhibited excretion of i.v.-administered Rho123 and daunorubicin into the ileal lumen.
How To Get Rid Of Eye Floaters
Contrary To Professionals Prediction, Floaters Can Be Cured Naturally
Ovarian Cysts And PCOS Elimination
Holistic System In Existence That Will Show You How To
Permanently Eliminate All Types of Ovarian Cysts Within 2 Months
Back to Kyle J. Norton Homepage http://kylejnorton.blogspot.ca
Kyle J. Norton (Scholar, Master of Nutrition, All right reserved)
Health article writer and researcher; Over 10.000 articles and research papers have been written and published online, including worldwide health, ezine articles, article base, health blogs, self-growth, best before it's news, the karate GB daily, etc.,.
Named TOP 50 MEDICAL ESSAYS FOR ARTISTS & AUTHORS TO READ by Disilgold.com Named 50 of the best health Tweeters Canada - Huffington Post
Nominated for shorty award over last 4 years
Some articles have been used as references in medical research, such as international journal Pharma and Bioscience, ISSN 0975-6299.
(1) Improvement of intestinal absorption of P-glycoprotein substrate by D-tartaric acid by Iida A, Tomita M, Idota Y, Takizawa Y, Hayashi M.(PubMed)
(2) New starch preparations resistant to enzymatic digestion by Jochym K, Kapusniak J, Barczynska R, Sliżewska K.(PubMed)
(3) Environmental and lifestyle influences on disorders of the large and small intestine: implications for treatment by Hall EH1, Crowe SE.(PubMed)