Allicin, a bioactive and organosulfur compound may have a profound effect in improving the cognitive function in elderly, some scientists suggested.
Cognitive activity is a long-term process of reasoning, memory, attention, and language and information accumulated that lead to knowledge.
Allicin is phytochemical containing sulfur in the class of organosulfur compound, found abundantly in onion and garlic.
Dr. Li XH, the lead scientist in the research program at the Medicine of Jishou University in the reaffirming the effect of allicin in the learning and memory abilities in the course of normal aging cognitive abilities associated with the Nrf2 expression in the decline with aging launched an investigation to assess the effects of allicin on endogenous antioxidant defenses in hippocampus of cognitively impaired aged mouse.
Treatment of allicin significantly through the expression of Nrf2 antioxidant signaling pathways ameliorated aging-induced cognitive dysfunction in the tested aged mouse.
At the final report of the experiment, the researchers wrote, "allicin could be recommended as a possible candidate for the prevention and therapy of cognitive deficits in aging and Alzheimer's disease".
How To Get Rid Of Eye Floaters
Contrary To Professionals Prediction, Floaters Can Be Cured Naturally
Ovarian Cysts And PCOS Elimination
Holistic System In Existence That Will Show You How To
Permanently Eliminate All Types of Ovarian Cysts Within 2 Months
Back to Kyle J. Norton Homepage http://kylejnorton.blogspot.ca
Kyle J. Norton (Scholar, Master of Nutrition, All right reserved)
Health article writer and researcher; Over 10.000 articles and research papers have been written and published online, including worldwide health, ezine articles, article base, health blogs, self-growth, best before it's news, the karate GB daily, etc.,.
Named TOP 50 MEDICAL ESSAYS FOR ARTISTS & AUTHORS TO READ by Disilgold.com Named 50 of the best health Tweeters Canada - Huffington Post
Nominated for shorty award over last 4 years
Some articles have been used as references in medical research, such as international journal Pharma and Bioscience, ISSN 0975-6299.
(1) Cognition (Wikipedia)
(2) Allicin ameliorates cognitive deficits aging-induced learning and memory deficits through enhancing Nrf2 antioxidant signaling pathways by Li XH, Li CY, Lu JM, Tian RB, Wei J.(PubMed)
(3) Antioxidant health effects of aged garlic extract by Borek C.(PubMed)
(4) What’s causing my older patient’s cognitive decline? by Dr. Ian M. Deutchki, MD University of Rochester,(the Journal of Family Practice)
(5) Dietary Factors and Cognitive Decline by P.J. Smith and J.A. Blumenthal. (PMC)
(6) Diet and Nutrition in Dementia and Cognitive Decline by Dr. María Alicia Camina