Scientists may have discovered a pungent and kitchen spice which processes a significant effect in reducing nausea and vomiting with no side effects, according to some studies.
Nausea and vomiting are the natural protection of the digestive system reacted to many causes, including food poisoning, gastritis (inflammation of the stomach lining), an ulcer, or bulimia.
Where hyperemesis gravidarum (HG) is a pregnancy complication characterized by severe nausea, vomiting, weight loss, and possibly dehydration.
Ginger (Zingiber officinale) or ginger root, the second superfood used for thousands of years by mankind, is the genus Zingiber, belonging to the family Zingiberaceae, native to Tamil.
The pungent spice has been used in traditional and Chinese medicine to treat dyspepsia, gastroparesis, constipation, edema, difficult urination, colic, etc.
With an aim to clarify the effect of ginger extract in treating chemotherapy-induced nausea and vomiting (CINV), a joint study led by Taipei Medical University-Shuang Ho Hospital was conducted to determine whether ginger could be used to treat CINV, which was interpreted using the PICOS (patient, problem/population, intervention, comparison, outcome, study) framework, with P being patients who underwent chemotherapy.
After taking additional ]assessment of the co and confounders, Dr. Chang WP the lead scientist said, "Ginger displayed significant efficacy with regard to controlling CINV in the experimental groups".
The severity of NVP was evaluated 24 h before entering the study and up to 4 d after using medications and results were compared among the three groups.
* Ginger and vitamin B6 could reduce the severity of all items of Rhodes questionnaire significantly.
* Ginger and vitamin B6 were more effective than placebo
* total score of Rhodes did not show a significant difference between ginger and vitamin B6 (p = .128). Ginger was more effective for nausea (intensity and distress).
Natural Medicine for Fatty Liver And Obesity Reversal - The Revolutionary Findings To Achieve Optimal Health And Lose Weight
How To Get Rid Of Eye Floaters
Contrary To Professionals Prediction, Floaters Can Be Cured Naturally
Ovarian Cysts And PCOS Elimination
Holistic System In Existence That Will Show You How To
Permanently Eliminate All Types of Ovarian Cysts Within 2 Months
Back to Kyle J. Norton Homepage http://kylejnorton.blogspot.ca
Kyle J. Norton (Scholar, Master of Nutrition, All right reserved)
Health article writer and researcher; Over 10.000 articles and research papers have been written and published online, including worldwide health, ezine articles, article base, health blogs, self-growth, best before it's news, the karate GB daily, etc.,.
Named TOP 50 MEDICAL ESSAYS FOR ARTISTS & AUTHORS TO READ by Disilgold.com Named 50 of the best health Tweeters Canada - Huffington Post
Nominated for shorty award over last 4 years
Some articles have been used as references in medical research, such as international journal Pharma and Bioscience, ISSN 0975-6299.
(1) A Meta-analysis of 10 Randomized Controlled Trials by Chang WP1, Peng YX.(PubMed)
(2) A comparison between the effects of ginger, pyridoxine (vitamin B6) and placebo for the treatment of the first trimester nausea and vomiting of pregnancy (NVP) by Sharifzadeh F1, Kashanian M1, Koohpayehzadeh J2, Rezaian F1, Sheikhansari N3, Eshraghi N. (PubMed)
(3) Nausea and Vomiting of Pregnancy by Noel M. Lee, M.D., Gastroenterology Fellow and Sumona Saha, M.D., Assistant Professor of Medicine. (PMC)