Imbalancing the ratio of the free radicals and antioxidants in the facilitation of oxidative stress was associated with the increased risk of the early onset of many chronic diseases, scientists found.
Fennel is a species of Foeniculum Vulgare, belonging to the family Apiaceae (Umbelliferae), and native to the shores of the Mediterranean, may process a potential effect in improving the levels of antioxidant enzymes produced by the human body, therefore, adding a portion of fennel on your daily diet should be helpful in reducing the risk of diabetics, rheumatoid arthritis, post-ischemic perfusion injury, myocardial infarction, cardiovascular diseases, chronic inflammation, stroke ...
Dr. Moylan JS, the lead author in the study "Oxidative stress, chronic disease, and muscle wasting", wrote, "If an overproduction of oxidants overwhelms the antioxidant defenses, oxidative damage of cells, tissues, and organs ensue. In some cases, oxidative stress is assigned a causal role in disease pathogenesis, whereas in others the link is less certain".
Fennel EO also was most effective against lipid peroxidation along with EO of C. limon.
Interestingly, after in-depth analysis, researchers discovered the antioxidant and anti-inflammatory activities of the EOs were plant species dependent and not always attributable to the EOs main components.
* trans-Anethole, estragole, fenchone and limonene found highly abundant in all of the examined oils demonstrated strong antioxidant activities in the DPPH radical scavenging, lipid peroxidation, and metal chelating assays
* All 3 tested essential display significant antimicrobial activities against two species of fungi, two species of Gram-negative and two species of Gram-positive bacteria.
Taken all together, adding a portion of fennel into your diet may have a potential effect in increasing the levels of antioxidants in your body and countering the risk of overexpression of free radicals.
Natural Medicine for Fatty Liver And Obesity Reversal - The Revolutionary Findings To Achieve Optimal Health And Lose Weight
How To Get Rid Of Eye Floaters
Contrary To Professionals Prediction, Floaters Can Be Cured Naturally
Ovarian Cysts And PCOS Elimination
Holistic System In Existence That Will Show You How To
Permanently Eliminate All Types of Ovarian Cysts Within 2 Months
Back to Kyle J. Norton Homepage http://kylejnorton.blogspot.ca
Kyle J. Norton (Scholar, Master of Nutrition, All right reserved)
Health article writer and researcher; Over 10.000 articles and research papers have been written and published online, including worldwide health, ezine articles, article base, health blogs, self-growth, best before it's news, the karate GB daily, etc.,.
Named TOP 50 MEDICAL ESSAYS FOR ARTISTS & AUTHORS TO READ by Disilgold.com Named 50 of the best health Tweeters Canada - Huffington Post
Nominated for shorty award over last 4 years
Some articles have been used as references in medical research, such as international journal Pharma and Bioscience, ISSN 0975-6299.
(1) Anti-oxidant, anti-inflammatory and anti-proliferative activities of Moroccan commercial essential oils by Aazza S, Lyoussi B, Megías C, Cortés-Giraldo I, Vioque J, Figueiredo AC, Miguel MG. (PubMed)
(4) Distillation time modifies essential oil yield, composition, and antioxidant capacity of fennel (Foeniculum vulgare Mill) by Zheljazkov VD1, Horgan T, Astatkie T, Schlegel V.(PubMed)
(3) Antioxidant activity and protecting health effects of common medicinal plants.
(4) Oxidative stress, chronic disease, and muscle wasting by Moylan JS1, Reid M. (PubMed)