Avocado may process certain bioactive compounds with function in inhibiting the abnormal levels of blood cholesterol in the bloodstream, some scientists suggested.
Cholesterol produced by the liver or intake from food sources plays an important role in building the cell membranes walls and stimulated the production of steroid hormone and aided the digestive tract in absorbing the nutrients for our body need.
However, a prolonged period of overexpression of abnormal blood cholesterol in the bloodstream can cause plaque building up on the arterial wall, leading to heart diseases and stroke.
Depending on the choice of diet, your risk of high blood cholesterol can be increased or decreased.
People who follow the Western diet with high in saturated and trans fat, red meat, processed food and low in fruits and vegetables and whole grains may have a substantially increased risk of abnormally high blood cholesterol.
According to the article "Western Diet and Heart Risk", the author wrote, "“Western diets cause a third of heart attack deaths worldwide,” the Daily Mail reports. Western-style diets high in meat, fat, dairy and salt put people at higher risk of heart attack. According to the newspaper, a study has found that poor diet is responsible for 30% of the risk of heart disease".
It is a green-skinned, pear-shaped fruit that ripens after harvesting and native to the Caribbean, Mexico, South America, and Central America, belonging to the flowering plant family Lauraceae.
Researchers in the examine of traditionally consumed fruit avocado, use for the treatment of fat lowering capacity launched an experiment to evaluate the effect of hydro-alcoholic fruit extract of P. Americana (HAEPA) on the level of blood lipids, glutathione, lipid peroxidation products, adiponectin, and peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor (PPAR)-γ expressions.
* Avocado oil reduces TG, VLDL, and LDL levels, in the LDL case significantly so, without affecting HDL levels.
* Avocado oil exerted a potential effect similar to olive oil in myocardial injury biochemical indicators.
* Avocado oil decreased hs-CRP levels, indicating that inflammatory processes were partially reversed.
Natural Medicine for Fatty Liver And Obesity Reversal - The Revolutionary Findings To Achieve Optimal Health And Lose Weight
How To Get Rid Of Eye Floaters
Contrary To Professionals Prediction, Floaters Can Be Cured Naturally
Ovarian Cysts And PCOS Elimination
Holistic System In Existence That Will Show You How To
Permanently Eliminate All Types of Ovarian Cysts Within 2 Months
Back to Kyle J. Norton Homepage http://kylejnorton.blogspot.ca
Kyle J. Norton (Scholar, Master of Nutrition, All right reserved)
Health article writer and researcher; Over 10.000 articles and research papers have been written and published online, including worldwide health, ezine articles, article base, health blogs, self-growth, best before it's news, the karate GB daily, etc.,.
Named TOP 50 MEDICAL ESSAYS FOR ARTISTS & AUTHORS TO READ by Disilgold.com Named 50 of the best health Tweeters Canada - Huffington Post
Nominated for shorty award over last 4 years
Some articles have been used as references in medical research, such as international journal Pharma and Bioscience, ISSN 0975-6299.
(1) Effect of Persea americana (avocado) fruit extract on the level of expression of adiponectin and PPAR-γ in rats subjected to experimental hyperlipidemia and obesity by Monika P, Geetha A.(PubMed)
(2) Avocado oil supplementation modifies cardiovascular risk profile markers in a rat model of sucrose-induced metabolic changes by Carvajal-Zarrabal O1, Nolasco-Hipolito C2, Aguilar-Uscanga MG3, Melo-Santiesteban G4, Hayward-Jones PM1, Barradas-Dermitz DM5.(PubMed)