Eggplant, the night shape fruit or vegetable may have a strong effect in reducing risk and treatment of type 2 diabetes, some researchers suggested.
Type 2 diabetes is a condition caused by insufficient insulin entering the bloodstream to regulate glucose.
The vegetable is famous with its deep purple and the best eggplant can be found from August through October when it is in the season. While it's generally thought of as a vegetable, eggplant is actually a fruit.
The vegetable chemical compounds containing include sterols (i.e. typical plant sterols, androstane, pregnane and cholestane derivatives, steroidal alkaloids, and sapogenins), phytosterols, triterpenes, δ-amyrin, Chlorogenic acid, Nasunin, and other Polyphenolic compounds.
In the concerns of the wide spread of type 2 diabetes among American, researchers launched an investigation to examine the National Diabetes Education Program of NIH, Mayo Clinic and American Diabetes Association recommendation of eggplant-based diet as a choice for management of type 2 diabetes.
Dr.Kwon YI, the lead author said, "phenolic antioxidant-enriched dietary strategy also has the potential to reduce hyperglycemia-induced pathogenesis linked to cellular oxidation stress".
* CGA was found to exert pivotal roles on glucose and lipid metabolism regulation and on the related disorders, e.g. diabetes, cardiovascular disease (CVD), obesity, cancer, and hepatic steatosis.
How To Get Rid Of Eye Floaters
Contrary To Professionals Prediction, Floaters Can Be Cured Naturally
Ovarian Cysts And PCOS Elimination
Holistic System In Existence That Will Show You How To
Permanently Eliminate All Types of Ovarian Cysts Within 2 Months
Back to Kyle J. Norton Homepage http://kylejnorton.blogspot.ca
Kyle J. Norton (Scholar, Master of Nutrition, All right reserved)
Health article writer and researcher; Over 10.000 articles and research papers have been written and published online, including worldwide health, ezine articles, article base, health blogs, self-growth, best before it's news, the karate GB daily, etc.,.
Named TOP 50 MEDICAL ESSAYS FOR ARTISTS & AUTHORS TO READ by Disilgold.com Named 50 of the best health Tweeters Canada - Huffington Post
Nominated for shorty award over last 4 years
Some articles have been used as references in medical research, such as international journal Pharma and Bioscience, ISSN 0975-6299.
(1) In vitro studies of eggplant (Solanum melongena) phenolics as inhibitors of key enzymes relevant for type 2 diabetes and hypertension by Kwon YI1, Apostolidis E, Shetty K.(PubMed)
(2) in outlook on chlorogenic acids-occurrence, chemistry, technology, and biological activities by Upadhyay R1, Mohan Rao LJ.(PubMed)
(3) Western-type diets induce insulin resistance and hyperinsulinemia in LDL receptor-deficient mice but do not increase aortic atherosclerosis compared with normoinsulinemic mice in which similar plasma cholesterol levels are achieved by a fructose-rich diet by Merat S1, Casanada F, Sutphin M, Palinski W, Reaven PD. (PubMed)
(4) Lifestyles Matter in the Prevention of Type 2 Diabetes by Matti Uusitupa, MD