Beside the main ingredient andrographolides, giving the plant a bitter taste, other ingredients includediterpene lactones, such as: neoandrographolide, andrographiside, 14-doexy-11, 12-didehydro andrographolide, etc., flavonoinds viz., oroxylin, wogonin, andrographidines A, B, C, D, E, F.
Neutrophils and inflammatory cytokines have been implicated in ischemia/
Andrographolide, a novel nuclear factor-κB (NF-κB) inhibitor, with the various medicinal properties of andrographolide may have a potential value in treating patients with thromboembolic disorders as andrographolide may involve an increase in cyclic GMP/PKG, followed by inhibition of the p38 MAPK/(·)HO-NF-κB-ERK2 cascade in activated platelets. Other study also indicated that andrographis paniculata protective effects of on post-infarction myocardium in experimental dogs, due to its acts on reversibly ischemic myocardium.
The Side effects
Dry leaf powder of A. paniculata increases the risk accumulating of glycogen and cholesterol in the testis, and increased activities of lactate dehydrogenase in testis and alkaline phosphatase in testis and ventral prostate, thus reducing the risk of fertility.
2. People with gallbladder disease may want to consult with their doctor before using because of the herb stimulating gallbladder contraction effect.
Chinese Secrets To Fatty Liver And Obesity Reversal
Use The Revolutionary Findings To Achieve
Optimal Health And Loose Weight
Ovarian Cysts And PCOS Elimination
Back to Herbal Therapy http://kylejnorton.blogspot.ca/p/herbal-therapies.html
(1) Antifertility effect of Andrographis paniculata (Nees) in male albino rat" by Akbarsha MA, Manivannan B, Hamid KS, Vijayan B., posted in (PubMed)
(2) Protective effect of hydroalcoholic extract of Andrographis paniculata on ischaemia-reperfusion induced myocardial injury in rats by Ojha SK, Bharti S, Joshi S, Kumari S, Arya DS.(PubMed)
(3) Mechanisms of andrographolide-induced platelet apoptosis in human platelets: regulatory roles of the extrinsic apoptotic pathway by Lien LM, Su CC, Hsu WH, Lu WJ, Chung CL, Yen TL, Chiu HC, Sheu JR, Lin KH. (PubMed)
(4) Suppression of NF-κB signaling by andrographolide with a novel mechanism in human platelets: regulatory roles of the p38 MAPK-hydroxyl radical-ERK2 cascade by Lu WJ, Lin KH, Hsu MJ, Chou DS, Hsiao G, Sheu JR.(PubMed)
(5) Protective effects of andrographis paniculata nees on post-infarction myocardium in experimental dogs by Zhao HY, Fang WY.(PubMed)