Wound healing is the natural process of skin repair after it was damaged
The ten main areas of chemical constituents of Aloe vera include: amino acids, anthraquinones, enzymes, minerals, vitamins, lignins, monosaccharide, polysaccharides, salicylic acid, saponins, and sterols.
They all work together in a synergistic way to create healing and health giving benefits, according to Gertrude Baldwin in the article of THE BENEFITS OF THE USE OF ALOE VERA IN HERBAL PREPARATIONS.
In a systematic review, there are cumulative evidence support that aloe vera might be an effective interventions used in burn wound healing for first to second degree burns as the use of aloe vera shortens the healing time. In acute and chronic wounds, although there are an absence of high quality clinical trial evidence to support the use of Aloe vera topical agents or Aloe vera dressings as treatments for acute and chronic wounds, but some studies found the reduction in healing time with Aloe vera was noted after haemorrhoidectomy (RR 16.33 days, 95% CI 3.46 to 77.15) and application of Aloe vera cream on the surgical site is effective in reducing postoperative pain both on resting and during defecation. In a study of a herbal gel of Aloe vera extract containing Carbopol 93, shows a promising effect on the wound healing process.
The Side effects
Some researchers concerned that the over use of oral aloe vera may contribute to acute hepatitis, according to the study of "Oral aloe vera-induced hepatitis" by Bottenberg MM, Wall GC, Harvey RL, Habib S., posted in PubMed
2. Diarrhea, caused by the laxative effect of oral use of Aloe Vera
3. oral use of Aloe Vera may cause abdominal cramps and pain
4. It may cause of rheumatoid arthritis symptoms as a result of collagen in the plant
Chinese Secrets To Fatty Liver And Obesity Reversal
Use The Revolutionary Findings To Achieve
Optimal Health And Loose Weight
Ovarian Cysts And PCOS Elimination
Back to Herbal Therapy http://kylejnorton.blogspot.ca/p/herbal-therapies.html
(1) Aloe barbadensis Mill. formulation restores lipid profile to normal in a letrozole-induced polycystic ovarian syndrome rat Model (PubMed)
(2) ALOE VERA by Gertrude Baldwin, http://www.herballegacy.com/Baldwin_Chemical.html
(3) The efficacy of aloe vera used for burn wound healing: a systematic review.
(8) Oral type II collagen in the treatment of rheumatoid arthritis. A six-month double blind placebo-controlled study(PubMed)