Diabetes is defined as a condition caused by insufficient insulin entering the bloodstream to regulate the glucose. It is either caused by cells in pancreas dying off or receptor sites clogged up by fat and cholesterol. In some cases, diabetes is also caused by allergic reactions of cells in the immune system.
The ten main areas of chemical constituents of Aloe vera include: amino acids, anthraquinones, enzymes, minerals, vitamins, lignins, monosaccharide, polysaccharides, salicylic acid, saponins, and sterols.
Many herbs have been proven in studies to be effective in treating type II diabetes, including Aloe vera. As a popular herbal remedy in the United Kingdom, oral administration of aloe vera might be a useful adjunct for lowering blood glucose in diabetic patients as well as for reducing blood lipid levels in patients with hyperlipidaemia. In other study of Aloe vera gel in a mouse model of non-insulin-dependent diabetes mellitus, Oral administration of PAG for 8 weeks was found to reduce circulating blood glucose concentrations to a normal level in these DIO mice. Its leaf is also found to be useful in treating diabetes, as study said A. vera leaf pulp extract showed hypoglycaemic activity on type I (IDDM) and type II (NIDDM) diabetic rats, the effectiveness being enhanced for type II diabetes in comparison with glibenclamide. On the contrary, A. vera leaf gel extract showed hyperglycaemic activity on NIDDM rats.
The Side effects
Some researchers concerned that the over use of oral aloe vera may contribute to acute hepatitis, according to the study of "Oral aloe vera-induced hepatitis" by Bottenberg MM, Wall GC, Harvey RL, Habib S., posted in PubMed
2. Diarrhea, caused by the laxative effect of oral use of Aloe Vera
3. oral use of Aloe Vera may cause abdominal cramps and pain
4. It may cause of rheumatoid arthritis symptoms as a result of collagen in the plant, according to the study of "Oral type II collagen in the treatment of rheumatoid arthritis. A six-month double blind placebo-controlled study" by Cazzola M, Antivalle M, Sarzi-Puttini P, Dell'Acqua D, Panni B, Caruso I., posted in PubMed
Chinese Secrets To Fatty Liver And Obesity Reversal
Use The Revolutionary Findings To Achieve
Optimal Health And Loose Weight
Ovarian Cysts And PCOS Elimination
Back to Women health http://kylejnorton.blogspot.ca/p/women-health.html
(1) Aloe barbadensis Mill. formulation restores lipid profile to normal in a letrozole-induced polycystic ovarian syndrome rat Model (PubMed)
(2) ALOE VERA by Gertrude Baldwin, http://www.herballegacy.com/Baldwin_Chemical.html
(3) Aloe vera: a systematic review of its clinical effectiveness. by Vogler BK, Ernst E.(PubMed)
(8) Oral type II collagen in the treatment of rheumatoid arthritis. A six-month double blind placebo-controlled study(PubMed)