Inflammatory bowel disease (IBD) is a digestive condition characterized by an inflammation of the large intestine. The disease affects over 1.6 million American today.
* Ulcerative colitis is an inflammation of the large intestine.
The exact causes of inflammatory bowel disease are unknown. However, some researchers do know that
* The disease may be caused by the weakened immune system that fails to kill off the invasion of infectious micro-organisms in the acute phase of digestive infection caused by tissue injury and damage.
* Imbalance of ratio of good and bad bacteria in the colon, caused by long-term intake of certain medicines.
In an aim to find the potential compound for the treatment of inflammatory bowel disease, researchers examined the efficacy of bromelain in colitis in an animal study.
Also in the animal model, short-term oral treatment with bromelain was found to decrease the severity of colonic inflammation in C57BL/6 Il10(-/-) mice with chronic colitis.
Natural Medicine for Fatty Liver And Obesity Reversal - The Revolutionary Findings To Achieve Optimal Health And Lose Weight
How To Get Rid Of Eye Floaters
Contrary To Professionals Prediction, Floaters Can Be Cured Naturally
Ovarian Cysts And PCOS Elimination
Holistic System In Existence That Will Show You How To
Permanently Eliminate All Types of Ovarian Cysts Within 2 Months
Back to Kyle J. Norton Homepage http://kylejnorton.blogspot.ca
Kyle J. Norton (Scholar, Master of Nutrition, All right reserved)
Health article writer and researcher; Over 10.000 articles and research papers have been written and published online, including worldwide health, ezine articles, article base, health blogs, self-growth, best before it's news, the karate GB daily, etc.,.
Named TOP 50 MEDICAL ESSAYS FOR ARTISTS & AUTHORS TO READ by Disilgold.com Named 50 of the best health Tweeters Canada - Huffington Post
Nominated for shorty award over last 4 years
Some articles have been used as references in medical research, such as international journal Pharma and Bioscience, ISSN 0975-6299.
(1) Treatment with oral bromelain decreases colonic inflammation in the IL-10-deficient murine model of inflammatory bowel disease by Hale LP1, Greer PK, Trinh CT, Gottfried MR. (PubMed)
(2) Dietary supplementation with fresh pineapple juice decreases inflammation and colonic neoplasia in IL-10-deficient mice with colitis by Hale LP1, Chichlowski M, Trinh CT, Greer PK. (PubMed)
(3) The Impact of Western Diet and Nutrients on the Microbiota and Immune Response at Mucosal Interfaces by Donjete Statovci,1 Mònica Aguilera,1 John MacSharry,1,2 and Silvia Melgar. (PMC)