Leukemia is a medical and chronic condition that affects the blood and bone marrow associated with the production of immature white blood cells that can not function properly.
A. Acute leukemia
Acute leukemia is a condition of the rapid increase in the numbers of extreme immature white blood cells which appear in the bloodstream and other parts of the body, including tissue and organs.
* Acute lymphocytic leukemia (ALL) is a type of cancer caused by the abnormal growth of extreme immature lymphocytes by the bone marrow and/or lymphatic system. Acute lymphoblastic leukemia (ALL) is the most common children forms of leukemia, accounting 80% of all cases.
* Acute myelogenous leukemia (AML) is a cancer of myelogenous lining caused by the rapid growth of abnormal granulocytes accumulated in the bone marrow, interfering with the normal the blood cells.
B. Chronic leukemia
Chronic leukemia is a condition of the slow but still excessive build up of relatively mature abnormal white blood cells.
* Chronic lymphocytic leukemia (CLL) is a condition caused by slow growth and spreading of a group of abnormal white blood cells called B-cell lymphocytes, which fight against infection in our body by produced antibodies.
* Chronic myelogenous leukemia (CML) is a condition caused by slow growth and spreading of abnormal granulocytes.
The exact causes of leukemia are unidentified. Researchers do not know the exact factors that cause the alternation of cell DNA that promotes the abnormal growth of white blood cells.
With an aim to discover a potential compound or whole food for the treatment of leukemia, researchers investigated a panel of cancer cell lines with bromelain in the presence or absence of peroxidase.
Bromelain combined with peroxidase (BM-PR) showed significant inhibition of acute myeloid (K562) cell proliferation and altered the morphological features.
BM-PR also increased the expression of intracellular ROS level in the induction of cytotoxicity and altered the mitochondrial membrane potential, against the tested cancer cells.
Natural Medicine for Fatty Liver And Obesity Reversal - The Revolutionary Findings To Achieve Optimal Health And Lose Weight
How To Get Rid Of Eye Floaters
Contrary To Professionals Prediction, Floaters Can Be Cured Naturally
Ovarian Cysts And PCOS Elimination
Holistic System In Existence That Will Show You How To
Permanently Eliminate All Types of Ovarian Cysts Within 2 Months
Back to Kyle J. Norton Homepage http://kylejnorton.blogspot.ca
Kyle J. Norton (Scholar, Master of Nutrition, All right reserved)
Health article writer and researcher; Over 10.000 articles and research papers have been written and published online, including worldwide health, ezine articles, article base, health blogs, self-growth, best before it's news, the karate GB daily, etc.,.
Named TOP 50 MEDICAL ESSAYS FOR ARTISTS & AUTHORS TO READ by Disilgold.com Named 50 of the best health Tweeters Canada - Huffington Post
Nominated for shorty award over last 4 years
Some articles have been used as references in medical research, such as international journal Pharma and Bioscience, ISSN 0975-6299.
(1) Bromelain with peroxidase from pineapple are more potent to target leukemiagrowth inhibition - A comparison with only bromelain by Debnath R1, Chatterjee N2, Das S3, Mishra S4, Bose D4, Banerjee S4, Das S4, Saha KD5, Ghosh D6, Maiti D. (PubMed)
(2) Bromelain proteinases modulate the cd44 expression on human molt-4/8 leukemiaand sk-mel-28 melanoma-cells in-vitro by Harrach T1, Gebauer F, Eckert K, Kunze R, Maurer H. (PubMed)