Macular degeneration is a condition caused by the deterioration of the small central portion of the retina, known as the macula.
1. The dry form is caused by the presence of yellow deposits, called drusen under the retina, in the macula. However, the elderly with increased was not at a higher risk of macular degeneration.
2. The wet form is caused by the growth of abnormal blood vessels from the choroid, the vascular layer of the eye, underneath the retina.
The plant has been used as herbs in traditional medicine for the treatment of acute and chronic diarrhea, gastritis, gastric ulcer, and duodenal ulcer, enterocolitis, ulcerative colitis, anemia, cystitis, kidney disease, and psoriasis, diabetes, etc.
Searching the list of natural compounds for the treatment of vision decline, scientists examined anthocyanins, bioactive compounds found in bilberry are known to have antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, on macular degeneration.
The improvement of the visual function by bilberry may have a strong effect against age-related macular degeneration, Dr. Vorob'eva IV, the lead scientists suggested.
* Macular thickness was statistically significant only in 3 and 6 (p<0.05)compared to only slight changes on other groups and light sensitivity of the macula showed a reduction, which was statistically significant in groups 4-6 before treatment.
Dr. the lead scientist wrote in the final report, "a combined antioxidant and double-dose angioprotective (240 mg) therapy appeared to be the most effective and can be considered not only a preventive but also a therapeutic measure in type 2 diabetes patients with initial stages of DR (DRO, DR1) or those with DR and DM or combined DR and AMD (AREDS 1-3)".
How To Get Rid Of Eye Floaters
Contrary To Professionals Prediction, Floaters Can Be Cured Naturally
Ovarian Cysts And PCOS Elimination
Holistic System In Existence That Will Show You How To
Permanently Eliminate All Types of Ovarian Cysts Within 2 Months
Back to Kyle J. Norton Homepage http://kylejnorton.blogspot.ca
Kyle J. Norton (Scholar, Master of Nutrition, All right reserved)
Health article writer and researcher; Over 10.000 articles and research papers have been written and published online, including worldwide health, ezine articles, article base, health blogs, self-growth, best before it's news, the karate GB daily, etc.,.
Named TOP 50 MEDICAL ESSAYS FOR ARTISTS & AUTHORS TO READ by Disilgold.com Named 50 of the best health Tweeters Canada - Huffington Post
Nominated for shorty award over last 4 years
Some articles have been used as references in medical research, such as international journal Pharma and Bioscience, ISSN 0975-6299.
(2) [Current data on the role of anthocyanosides and flavonoids in the treatment of eye diseases].[Article in Russian; Abstract available in Russian from the publisher] by Vorob'eva IV1, Vorob'eva IV. (PubMed)
(1) [Results of the use of antioxidant and angioprotective agents in type 2 diabetes patients with diabetic retinopathy and age-related macular degeneration].[Article in Russian; Abstract available in Russian from the publisher] by Moshetova LK1, Vorob'eva IV1, Alekseev IB1, Mikhaleva LG. (PubMed)
(3) The Relationship of Major American Dietary Patterns to Age-related Macular Degeneration by Chung-Jung Chiu, DDS, PhD, Min-Lee Chang, MS, Fang Fang Zhang, PhD, Tricia Li, MS, Gary Gensler, MS, Molly Schleicher, BS, and Allen Taylor, PhD. (PMC)