By Kyle J. Norton
Coffee may be considered as a function beverage in reducing obesity prevalence and management, some scientists suggested.
According to the information of the World Health Organization, in 2016, approximately, 650 million adults were obese and 39% of adults aged 18 years and over (39% of men and 40% of women) were overweight.
Believe or not, overall, about 13% of the world's adult population (11% of men and 15% of women) were obese in 2016. And the prevalence of obesity has increased at an alarming rate due to 30 years of economic prosperity in the Far East.
Sadly, the organization wrote, "The worldwide prevalence of obesity nearly tripled between 1975 and 2016".
Coffee, a popular and social beverage all over the world, particularly in the West, is a drink made from roasted bean from the Coffea plant, native to tropical Africa and Madagascar.
According to the joint study led by the Huanggang Normal University, the health benefits of coffee studies over last 10 years, expressed a significant improvement of risk and treatment of obesity in decreased lipid accumulation in cells through regulating the cell cycle during fat metabolism.
Additionally, coffee consumption induced changes in transcription factors in fat deposit decreased body weight and visceral fat form of animal and humans studies.
Furthermore, coffee influenced gut microbiota in obese animals and humans also played an important role in the use as a functional and integrated food in reducing risk and treatment of obesity.
The study of obesity-induced mice that fed with the following patterns only HFD or HFD with GCBE at 50, 100, and 200 mg/kg for four weeks, researchers found that
* Mice treated with green coffee injection show a significantly decreased body weight gain, liver weight, and white adipose tissue weights through the regulation of adipose tissue lipolysis hormones, such as adiponectin and leptin.
* Mice treated with green coffee injection also demonstrate a decreased mRNA expression levels of adipogenesis and adipocyte metabolis related genes in adipose tissues and the liver and decrease the corresponding protein expression.
* GCBE treated mice had a lower fat mass with decreased relative body weight and fat mass, compared to HFD alone fed mice.
These results suggested that green coffee intake exerted a strong activity in the regulation of adipogenesis and lipid metabolism which are found to associate to enhance weight gain.
According to the information collected, Dr. Choi BK, the lead author said, "GCBE has a potential anti-obesity effect with lowering body fat accumulation by regulating adipogenesis and lipid metabolism-related genes and proteins in WAT and liver".
. Where HFD is a high-fat diet and GCBE is green coffee extracts
More importantly, in the study of male day mice fed a standard diet containing GCBE and its principal constituents, namely, caffeine and chlorogenic acid, for 14 days, researchers at the Oryza Oil & Fat Chemical Co,, Ltd, indicated that
* GCBE with 0.5% and 1% reduce visceral fat content and body weight.
* Caffeine and chlorogenic acid show a tendency to reduce visceral fat and body weight.
* Oral administration of GCBE (100 and 200 mg/kg. day) for 13 days shows a tendency to reduce hepatic TG in mice.
* Chlorogenic acid (60 mg/kg. day) reduces hepatic TG level.
The findings displayed a strong effect of coffee and its phytochemicals in reducing weight gain and fat accumulation by inhibition of fat absorption and activation of fat metabolism in the liver, therefore the beverage may be considered a functional and integrated food against risk and treatment of obesity.
Natural Medicine for Fatty Liver And Obesity Reversal - The Revolutionary Findings To Achieve Optimal Health And Lose Weight
How To Get Rid Of Eye Floaters
Contrary To Professionals Prediction, Floaters Can Be Cured Naturally
Ovarian Cysts And PCOS Elimination
Holistic System In Existence That Will Show You How To
Permanently Eliminate All Types of Ovarian Cysts Within 2 Months
Back to Kyle J. Norton Homepage http://kylejnorton.blogspot.ca
Kyle J. Norton (Scholar, Master of Nutrition, All right reserved)
Health article writer and researcher; Over 10.000 articles and research papers have been written and published online, including worldwide health, ezine articles, article base, health blog, self-growth, best before it's news, the karate GB daily, etc.,.
Named TOP 50 MEDICAL ESSAYS FOR ARTISTS & AUTHORS TO READ by Disilgold.com Named 50 of the best health Tweeters Canada - Huffington Post
Nominated for shorty award over last 4 years
Some articles have been used as references in medical research, such as international journal Pharma and Bioscience, ISSN 0975-6299.
(1) Molecular mechanisms of the anti-obesity effect of bioactive compounds in tea and coffee by Pan MH1, Tung YC2, Yang G3, Li S3, Ho CT4.(PubMed)
(2) Green coffee bean extract improves obesity by decreasing body fat in high-fat diet-induced obese mice by Choi BK1, Park SB2, Lee DR1, Lee HJ2, Jin YY3, Yang SH4, Suh JW5.(PubMed)
(3) Inhibitory effect of green coffee bean extract on fat accumulation and body weight gain in mice by Shimoda H1, Seki E, Aitani M.(PubMed)
(4) The public health burden of obesity in Canada by Janssen I1.(PubMed)