Cardiovascular disease (CVD) refers to any conditions caused by the underlying damage of blood vessels and the heart.
In the urgency to discover a potential compound for the treatment of cardiovascular disease (CVD) associated with the largest mortality worldwide, scientists examined the cardiovascular protective properties of curcumin in CVDs.
* Turmeric and curcumin significantly reduced serum low-density lipoprotein cholesterol (LDL-C) levels as compared to those in the control group.
* Turmeric and curcumin also were effective in lowering serum total cholesterol (TC), levels in patients with metabolic syndrome.
* Turmeric extract have a greater effect on reducing serum TC levels compared to curcumin.
* Both turmeric and curcumin did not improve the serum high-density lipoprotein cholesterol (HDL-C).
* More importantly, turmeric and curcumin are safe, and no serious adverse events were reported in any of the included studies.
Natural Medicine for Fatty Liver And Obesity Reversal - The Revolutionary Findings To Achieve Optimal Health And Lose Weight
How To Get Rid Of Eye Floaters
Contrary To Professionals Prediction, Floaters Can Be Cured Naturally
Ovarian Cysts And PCOS Elimination
Holistic System In Existence That Will Show You How To
Permanently Eliminate All Types of Ovarian Cysts Within 2 Months
Back to Kyle J. Norton Homepage http://kylejnorton.blogspot.ca
Kyle J. Norton (Scholar, Master of Nutrition, All right reserved)
Health article writer and researcher; Over 10.000 articles and research papers have been written and published online, including worldwide health, ezine articles, article base, health blogs, self-growth, best before it's news, the karate GB daily, etc.,.
Named TOP 50 MEDICAL ESSAYS FOR ARTISTS & AUTHORS TO READ by Disilgold.com Named 50 of the best health Tweeters Canada - Huffington Post
Nominated for shorty award over last 4 years
Some articles have been used as references in medical research, such as international journal Pharma and Bioscience, ISSN 0975-6299.
(1) Curcumin, the golden spice in treating cardiovascular diseases by Li H1, Sureda A2, Devkota HP3, Pittalà V4, Barreca D5, Silva AS6, Tewari D7, Xu S8, Nabavi SM. (PubMed)
(2) Efficacy and safety of turmeric and curcumin in lowering blood lipid levels in patients with cardiovascular risk factors: a meta-analysis of randomized controlled trials by Qin S1, Huang L1, Gong J1,2, Shen S1,2, Huang J1,2, Ren H2, Hu H. (PubMed)
(3) Western dietary pattern increases risk of cardiovascular disease in Iranian adults: a prospective population-based study by Mirmiran P1, Bahadoran Z2, Vakili AZ3, Azizi F. (PubMed)