Scientists may have found a bioactive compound isolated from the cruciferous vegetable for the prevention and treatment of prostate cancer with no side effects, according to studies.
Indole-3-carbinol is a phytochemical in the class of Indoles, by the breaking down of the glucosinolate glucobrassicin, found abundantly in cabbage, kale, Brussels sprouts, rutabaga, mustard greens, broccoli, etc.
Prostate cancer is a medical and chronic condition in which the cells of the prostate has become cancerous due to the alternation of the cells DNA.
Most prostate cancers are slow growing and enlarged prostate and prostate cancer may be detected during the Physical (rectum) exams.
Primary prostate cancer normally starts from the cell on the surface of the inner lining of the prostate tissue and gradually spread to the deeper part of the prostate.
At the early stage, patients may not experience any symptoms, However, at the advanced stage, prostate cancer can induce symptoms of blood in the urine, frequent urination and urinary difficulty.
The cancer cells at this stage can also travel a distance away from the prostate to invade other healthy tissue and organ, leading secondary metastasis tumors.
According to the statistic, the 5-year survival rate for local and regional (stage 0 and 1) stages prostate cancer is nearly 100%.
Believe or not, more than 80% of prostate cancers are diagnosed in men who are 65 or older.
In order to reaffirm the epidemiological evidence which suggested that intake of cruciferous vegetable intake is associated with a reduced risk of prostate cancer, researchers at the Oregon State University, Corvallis assessed the bioactive compound indole-3-carbinol against the onset of prostate cancer.
* through the Induction of G1 cell cycle arrest.
Natural Medicine for Fatty Liver And Obesity Reversal - The Revolutionary Findings To Achieve Optimal Health And Lose Weight
How To Get Rid Of Eye Floaters
Contrary To Professionals Prediction, Floaters Can Be Cured Naturally
Ovarian Cysts And PCOS Elimination
Holistic System In Existence That Will Show You How To
Permanently Eliminate All Types of Ovarian Cysts Within 2 Months
Back to Kyle J. Norton Homepage http://kylejnorton.blogspot.ca
Kyle J. Norton (Scholar, Master of Nutrition, All right reserved)
Health article writer and researcher; Over 10.000 articles and research papers have been written and published online, including worldwide health, ezine articles, article base, health blogs, self-growth, best before it's news, the karate GB daily, etc.,.
Named TOP 50 MEDICAL ESSAYS FOR ARTISTS & AUTHORS TO READ by Disilgold.com Named 50 of the best health Tweeters Canada - Huffington Post
Nominated for shorty award over last 4 years
Some articles have been used as references in medical research, such as international journal Pharma and Bioscience, ISSN 0975-6299.
(1) Phytochemicals from cruciferous vegetables, epigenetics, and prostate cancer prevention. by W Watson G1, M Beaver L, E Williams D, H Dashwood R, Ho E.(PubMed)
(2) Indole-3-carbinol and prostate cancer by Sarkar FH1, Li Y. (PubMed)
(3) Indole-3-carbinol (I3C) induced cell growth inhibition, G1 cell cycle arrest and apoptosis in prostate cancer cells by Chinni SR1, Li Y, Upadhyay S, Koppolu PK, Sarkar FH.(PubMed)
(4) Indole-3-carbinol and 3',3'-diindolylmethane modulate androgen's effect on C-C chemokine ligand 2 and monocyte attraction to prostate cancer cells by Kim EK1, Kim YS, Milner JA, Wang TT. (PubMed)
(5) A Western Dietary Pattern Increases Prostate Cancer Risk: A Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis by Roberto Fabiani,1,* Liliana Minelli,2 Gaia Bertarelli,3 and Silvia Bacci. (PMC)