Scientists may have found a natural whole food which processes a significant activity in reducing risk and treatment of acute coughing in children with no side effects, some studies suggested.
Coughing can be a natural and reflex reaction to expel phlegm from the airway or a result of viral and bacterial infection of the upper airway.
A cough that lasts less than three weeks is considered an acute cough.
The rich golden liquid is considered one of healthy sweet food for replacing the use of white sugar and artificial sweetener by many people.
On finding a natural ingredient or whole food for the treatment of acute coughing accepted by children without inducing any side effects, researchers examined the effectiveness of honey for an acute cough in children in ambulatory settings.
After taking into account co and confounders, Dr. Oduwole O. the lead scientist said, "There was no significant difference between honey versus dextromethorphan or honey versus diphenhydramine".
* Honey type 1 was superior to DPH in improving all aspects of coughs, except the frequency,
* Honey type 2 was more effective than DPH in improving all aspects of coughs, except the sleep quality of the child.
* There was no significant difference between Honey type 1 and 2 in any aspects of cough relief.
After examing the standard validated questionnaire completed by the parents before and after treatment.
Dr. Ayazi P, the lead author wrote in the final report, " honey may provide better cough relief than DPH in children and improve the sleep quality of children and their parents".
How To Get Rid Of Eye Floaters
Contrary To Professionals Prediction, Floaters Can Be Cured Naturally
Ovarian Cysts And PCOS Elimination
Holistic System In Existence That Will Show You How To
Permanently Eliminate All Types of Ovarian Cysts Within 2 Months
Back to Kyle J. Norton Homepage http://kylejnorton.blogspot.ca
Kyle J. Norton (Scholar, Master of Nutrition, All right reserved)
Health article writer and researcher; Over 10.000 articles and research papers have been written and published online, including worldwide health, ezine articles, article base, health blogs, self-growth, best before it's news, the karate GB daily, etc.,.
Named TOP 50 MEDICAL ESSAYS FOR ARTISTS & AUTHORS TO READ by Disilgold.com Named 50 of the best health Tweeters Canada - Huffington Post
Nominated for shorty award over last 4 years
Some articles have been used as references in medical research, such as international journal Pharma ISSN 0975-6299.
(1) Honey for an acute cough in children by Oduwole O1, Meremikwu MM, Oyo-Ita A, Udoh EE. (PubMed)
(2) Comparison of the Effect of Two Kinds of Iranian Honey and Diphenhydramine on Nocturnal Cough and the Sleep Quality in Coughing Children and Their Parents by Ayazi P1, Mahyar A2, Yousef-Zanjani M1, Allami A3, Esmailzadehha N4, Beyhaghi T. (PubMed)