Honey may have a profound effect in reducing the risk and treatment of influenza, some scientists suggested.
Influenza, also known as the flu, is an infectious disease caused by an influenza virus.
Influenza virus types C tends to cause mild upper respiratory infections, similar to those of cold.
Honey is the miraculous product made by bees using nectar from flowers.
The rich golden liquid It is considered one of healthy sweet food for replacing the use of white sugar and artificial sweetener by many people.
On finding a natural ingredient and whole food for the prevention and treatment of influenza, researchers at the joint study led by the Nagasaki University the antiviral activities of honey samples were evaluated using MDCK cells.
Application of Manuka honey efficiently inhibited influenza virus replication which is related to its virucidal effects.
Manuka honey at the dose of 3.13 mg/mL also improved the function of zanamivir or oseltamivir by reducing the maximum concentration of effectiveness to nearly 1/1000th for their single use.
* Injection of MGO inhibited influenza virus A/WSN/33 replication 50% inhibitory concentration = 240 ± 190 μM; 50% cytotoxic concentration = 1.4 ± 0.4 mM; selective index (SI) = 5.8, which is related to its virucidal effects.
* MGO exerted a promising activity against various influenza strains.
* MGO increases the effect of NA inhibitors by decreasing the to the ∼1/100(th) of their single usage.
* MGO also demonstrates a synergistic effect with NA inhibitor against the oseltamivir-resistant virus.
Natural Medicine for Fatty Liver And Obesity Reversal - The Revolutionary Findings To Achieve Optimal Health And Lose Weight
How To Get Rid Of Eye Floaters
Contrary To Professionals Prediction, Floaters Can Be Cured Naturally
Ovarian Cysts And PCOS Elimination
Holistic System In Existence That Will Show You How To
Permanently Eliminate All Types of Ovarian Cysts Within 2 Months
Back to Kyle J. Norton Homepage http://kylejnorton.blogspot.ca
Kyle J. Norton (Scholar, Master of Nutrition, All right reserved)
Health article writer and researcher; Over 10.000 articles and research papers have been written and published online, including worldwide health, ezine articles, article base, health blogs, self-growth, best before it's news, the karate GB daily, etc.,.
Named TOP 50 MEDICAL ESSAYS FOR ARTISTS & AUTHORS TO READ by Disilgold.com Named 50 of the best health Tweeters Canada - Huffington Post
Nominated for shorty award over last 4 years
Some articles have been used as references in medical research, such as international journal Pharma ISSN 0975-6299.
(1) Anti-influenza viral effects of honey in vitro: potent high activity of manuka honey by Watanabe K1, Rahmasari R1, Matsunaga A1, Haruyama T2, Kobayashi N3.(PubMed)
(2) In vitro evaluation of synergistic inhibitory effects of neuraminidase inhibitors and methylglyoxal against influenza virus infection by Charyasriwong S1, Watanabe K1, Rahmasari R1, Matsunaga A1, Haruyama T2, Kobayashi N3. (PubMed)
(3) Obesity Impairs the Adaptive Immune Response to Influenza Virus by Green WD1, Beck MA. (PubMed).