Celery may be the next generation of the natural and pharmaceutical target to discover the major ingredient for the treatment of Alzheimer's disease, some scientists suggested.
Alzheimer’s disease (AD) is a brain disorder correlated with major reductions of neurons to the respective target areas, named after German physician Alois Alzheimer.
The veggie can grow to 1/2 m tall with stalks (leaf on the top) arranging in a conical shape joined at a common base.
Researchers on the team of neurodegenerative program at the Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences and Peking Union Medical College in the reaffirm the effect of Chinese celery on neuroprotective effects showed that L-3-n-butylphthalide (L-NBP), an extract from celery seeds demonstrates a significant activity in inhibiting oxidative injury, neuronal apoptosis, and glial activation, reducing amyloid-β protein precursor (AβPP) processing and Aβ generation in rat model.
At the end of the experiment, L-NBP treatment significantly improved the spatial learning and memory deficits, compared to the vehicle-treated AβPP/PS1 mice.
Unfortunately, the application did not exert any effect on cerebral Aβ plaque deposition and Aβ levels in brain homogenates.
* L-NBP treatment significantly improved learning deficits and long-term spatial memory, compared with vehicle control treatment.
* L-NBP treatment significantly reduced total cerebral Abeta plaque deposition and lowered Abeta levels in brain homogenates but had no effect on fibrillar Abeta plaques.
Natural Medicine for Fatty Liver And Obesity Reversal - The Revolutionary Findings To Achieve Optimal Health And Lose Weight
How To Get Rid Of Eye Floaters
Contrary To Professionals Prediction, Floaters Can Be Cured Naturally
Ovarian Cysts And PCOS Elimination
Holistic System In Existence That Will Show You How To
Permanently Eliminate All Types of Ovarian Cysts Within 2 Months
Back to Kyle J. Norton Homepage http://kylejnorton.blogspot.ca
Kyle J. Norton (Scholar, Master of Nutrition, All right reserved)
Health article writer and researcher; Over 10.000 articles and research papers have been written and published online, including worldwide health, ezine articles, article base, health blogs, self-growth, best before it's news, the karate GB daily, etc.,.
Named TOP 50 MEDICAL ESSAYS FOR ARTISTS & AUTHORS TO READ by Disilgold.com Named 50 of the best health Tweeters Canada - Huffington Post
Nominated for shorty award over last 4 years
Some articles have been used as references in medical research, such as international journal Pharma and Bioscience, ISSN 0975-6299.
(1) [Chemical constituents of fresh celery].[Article in Chinese] by Zhou K1, Wu B, Zhuang Y, Ding L, Liu Z, Qiu F(PubMed)
(2) L-3-n-butylphthalide reduces tau phosphorylation and improves cognitive deficits in AβPP/PS1-Alzheimer's transgenic mice by Peng Y1, Hu Y, Xu S, Li P, Li J, Lu L, Yang H, Feng N, Wang L, Wang X.(PubMed)
(3) L-3-n-butylphthalide improves cognitive impairment and reduces amyloid-beta in a transgenic model of Alzheimer's disease by Peng Y1, Sun J, Hon S, Nylander AN, Xia W, Feng Y, Wang X, Lemere CA(PubMed)
(4) [Western diet and Alzheimer's disease]. [Article in Italian] by Berrino F. (PubMed)